PDA

View Full Version : Email from HR

stek
8th June 2016, 15:47
Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'

scooterscot
8th June 2016, 15:49
Delete that e-mail before team ir35 find it.

MrMarkyMark
8th June 2016, 15:50
Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'

:bluelight

GB9
8th June 2016, 15:55
A splendid example of why HMRC goes to HR in the event of an IR35 enquiry.

d000hg
8th June 2016, 15:59
Fwd your reply to someone pointing out you're not an employee but realistically they just did a group-send so ignore it.

stek
8th June 2016, 16:01
I can't delete it, forward it or reply to it!! Help!

LondonManc
8th June 2016, 16:02

Perms have a new line manager, contractors have a new hiring manager.

Is it that difficult?

d000hg
8th June 2016, 16:02
Copy-paste into a new email? Send a new email referencing it? Take a screenshot?

stek
8th June 2016, 16:07
Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!

LondonManc
8th June 2016, 16:15
Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!

Is this simply a change to the guy that authorises your timesheets, etc?

If so, just saying manager is fine. Saying line manager would be a red flag.

Manager:
Authorising Manager
Hiring Manager
Line Manager

Cliphead
8th June 2016, 17:37
Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else :mad:

stek
8th June 2016, 19:10
Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else :mad:

It's not actually Notes proper, it's the IBM Connections Web thing, bit like iNotes but not.

Mordac
8th June 2016, 19:34

A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?

stek
8th June 2016, 20:38
A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?

Rail House, Store St., Manchester, back of Piccadilly Station and sometimes in Doncaster (Roberts Road), Southall (where I blagged a drive of a Class 37) and Horsham, looking for our missing Snowplough lol!!

This was (not 100% sure of years) 1994 ish, when all the TOC's were being sold off, I was moved about to various ones, think I ended up in Powertrack or something like that. Left 1997 ish.

Happy days! I had a PTS certificate so I could walk on track, and a BR driving licence, can't remember the point of that.