• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from HR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from HR

Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'

Delete that e-mail before team ir35 find it.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A splendid example of why HMRC goes to HR in the event of an IR35 enquiry.

Comment

Fwd your reply to someone pointing out you're not an employee but realistically they just did a group-send so ignore it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I can't delete it, forward it or reply to it!! Help!

Comment

Perms have a new line manager, contractors have a new hiring manager.

Is it that difficult?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Copy-paste into a new email? Send a new email referencing it? Take a screenshot?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!

Comment

Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!
                    Is this simply a change to the guy that authorises your timesheets, etc?

If so, just saying manager is fine. Saying line manager would be a red flag.

Manager:
                    Authorising Manager
                    Hiring Manager
                    Line Manager
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X