• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear World, A reflection on the British Spirit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear World, A reflection on the British Spirit

There is a thread in the tapestry of the British Spirit, that does not respond well to being told 'no'.

'No you can't do that, No you are not good enough, No you will fail.'

Well, dear world, the British do not react to well to this.

We are Great Britain. If you tell us 'no no no' that fires within us the spirt to say 'yes'.

Don't tell us we can't do it. Because we can, and will; even if we fail we will dust ourselves off, and fight on.

All these jolly foreigners saying No to BREXIT. How dare you. How dare you say we will fail and we can't go it alone.

Many will vote leave, because of you. Because we are British.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

I wonder what Winston Churchill would have said to the remainers and the doom mongerers...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      There is a thread in the tapestry of the British Spirit, that does not respond well to being told 'no'.

We are Great Britain. If you tell us 'no no no' that fires within us the spirt to say 'yes'.

Don't tell us we can't do it. Because we can, and will; even if we fail we will dust ourselves off, and fight on.

All these jolly foreigners saying No to BREXIT. How dare you. How dare you say we will fail and we can't go it alone.

Many will vote to stay because we are British.
      Because we fought wars to prevent right wing extremists saying what race or religion should be allowed.
      Because we joined a community that was to prevent was in Europe from happening again
      Because we are known for our generous spirit in helping others in their time of need.
      Because we are British.

...and because we tolerate extremists who set up threads multiple times a day saying that we must isolate ourselves.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

especially NO you can`t buy a house

Comment

There is a thread in the tapestry of the Scottish Spirit, that does not respond well to being told 'no'.

Well, dear world, the Scottish do not react to well to this.

We are Scottish. If you tell us 'no no no' that fires within us the spirt to say 'yes'.

All these jolly foreigners saying No to independence. How dare you. How dare you say we will fail and we can't go it alone.

Many will vote for independence, because of you. Because we are Scottish.

FTFY.

Deja vu all over again or what. Perhaps now you're beginning to understand where Scotland was coming from. As the 23rd nears the same wasted passion is emerging. Fear wins at the end of the day. You all know you're going to bottle it on the 23rd so why even try?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

i think you will find that the remainers are stacked full of British loathing liberals along with the elite who think we need them to survive whereas the only thing we actually need is democracy. With a proper functioning democracy the rest will just fall into place.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              FTFY.
              Shame not enough of you did.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                whereas the only thing we actually need is democracy.
                Well thank goodness Westminster MP's are going to repeal a brexit vote should you lot not vote the right way. You lot can't be trusted.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  FTFY.

Deja vu all over again or what. Perhaps now you're beginning to understand where Scotland was coming from. As the 23rd nears the same wasted passion is emerging. Fear wins at the end of the day. You all know you're going to bottle it on the 23rd so why even try?
                  I couldn't vote in the Scot ref (despite being born in Scotland).

If I could have voted, I would have voted to leave the UK.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I couldn't vote in the Scot ref (despite being born in Scotland).

If I could have voted, I would have voted to leave the UK.
                    Ich auch.

What a pile of poo I could not vote. Yet somehow I'm allowed to vote in the UK referendum. That's got to violate my human rights, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X