• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agile

Seriously does it work for you?
    Me, me, me...

I've known it to work, but only when done properly. As one of the main consequences of doing it properly is that you can eliminate a number of irrelevant and obstructive layers of management, it's uncommon for management to allow it to be done properly. So most of what gets described as "agile" is actually an utter bastardisation of the concept, designed to make it seem as if things are being done in an agile manner while ensuring the continuation of the sclerotic processes that prevent anything much being done in any manner whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've known it to work, but only when done properly. As one of the main consequences of doing it properly is that you can eliminate a number of irrelevant and obstructive layers of management, it's uncommon for management to allow it to be done properly. So most of what gets described as "agile" is actually an utter bastardisation of the concept, designed to make it seem as if things are being done in an agile manner while ensuring the continuation of the sclerotic processes that prevent anything much being done in any manner whatsoever.
      Also know as waterfallish for lazy twunts.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Aye, sounds familiar. Seems those above block progress to cover their arses which might show up their lack of skills.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Aye, sounds familiar. Seems those above block progress to cover their arses which might show up their lack of skills.
          More of a case of not documenting anything so nobody outside the project knows who to blame apart from the project manager (yes, agile done that badly that they have one) who doesn't get his contract extended.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'd be tempted to PM Suity. He seems to have the most Agile experience of the lot here.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              More of a case of not documenting anything so nobody outside the project knows who to blame apart from the project manager (yes, agile done that badly that they have one) who doesn't get his contract extended.
              What's the point in having a project manager if not to take the blame and be canned?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                I'd be tempted to PM Suity. He seems to have the most Agile experience of the lot here.
                Running Round like a headless chicken != Agile.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seen it work for small deliverables like Web pages and individual reports.

For my bag of data warehousing and serious BI it's just embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Running Round like a headless chicken != Agile.
                    Lazy, 2/10.

Agile is for bellends. It's a complete and utter failure, bring on the next fad.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X