• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the Bremainers #613

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the Bremainers #613

We all know how legislation is enacted in this country right? Our democratically elected MPs can table new legislation, it gets debated in parliament, it can be amended and the draft and all discussions are obviously visible to everyone to inspect, then it goes to a vote. All good and democratic, right?

Now, you'll probably also be aware of a dodgy US/EU trade deal called TTIP that's being discussed (in secret). It allows US companies to sue public bodies, e.g. the NHS.

But this TTIP is all visible and above board right? And we can inspect it for ourselves can't we? Well, no. Welcome to the EU equivalent of the above process, as demonstrated by Irish MEP Luke Flanagan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RMWvYqkxk

Still better "In" this Mafia?
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

It's not called the EUssr for nothing comrade...

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      But this TTIP is all visible and above board right? And we can inspect it for ourselves can't we? Well, no.

OK, this must be a fake website then:

Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) - Trade - European Commission
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The thing the nutters leave out is that the UK-US trade deal they tell us we'll get after Brexit will likely be more one sided and shaft us even more.

For more fair level-headed objective sensible reasoning from the Brexiters check out this loon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoHadX8KrA

Rl4Eng: is that you?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Well done, you've posted a link to the TTIP website. Now would you be as good to provide a link to the full document text?

You know the one, it's the one that MEPs have to go into a little room with a pen and paper to inspect. That they can't copy it out verbatim.

CLUE: If you have a link to the full document text, I'd expect it to start "http://wikileaks.org/" and you can rightly claim your place in history with the likes of Edward Snowden and Chealsea Manning.
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Well done, you've posted a link to the TTIP website. Now would you be as good to provide a link to the full document text?

You know the one, it's the one that MEPs have to go into a little room with a pen and paper to inspect. That they can't copy it out verbatim.

CLUE: If you have a link to the full document text, I'd expect it to start "http://wikileaks.org/" and you can rightly claim your place in history with the likes of Edward Snowden and Chealsea Manning.

Well done, you haven't even looked at the link I provided.

You are blaming the EU for everything that is wrong in Britain.
            You are saying that TTIP is purely done by unelected people and that no one in Britain had anything to do with it

Go on, tell me who authorised the European Commission to negotiate TTIP?
            Tell me.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The bizarre thing is the claim that negotiations like this are done in public. They're not. Churchill, Rosevelt and Stalin never took their mobile phones into the meeting so they could post it on YouTube, and neither did Raegan and Gorbachev.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

We all know how legislation is enacted in this country right? Our democratically elected MPs can table new legislation, it gets debated in parliament, it can be amended and the draft and all discussions are obviously visible to everyone to inspect, then it goes to a vote. All good and democratic, right?
                Er you missed the part where the draft bill is sent to the un-democratic un-elected overpaid house of lords, who can then reject the bill if they bother turning up for work in the first place.

But I'm guess using facts might derail your agenda so lets pretend that doesn't actually happen.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As one of the fence-sitters, I will shout when everything goes to hell either way

"Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Kodos"

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Go on, tell me who authorised the European Commission to negotiate TTIP?
                    Tell me.
                    I don't know. Probably David Cameron, he's a Tory turd and I don't like him. Luckily at the moment we as a nation can vote him and his party out of power, so the next party can repeal any laws that have been passed.

Try doing that with the EU Commission and their "Appointed, not Elected" and Unaccountable law makers..

Comment

Working...
                    X