• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Egypt mini break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt mini break

Just got back from a mini break at the Sheraton resort, Soma Bay - near Hurghada. Apparently tourism is about 30% of what it was last year. Nice place, friendly people, except at the airport, where the officials are a bunch of miserable, arrogant slackers - to the extent I probably won't go back, despite the great snorkelling and scuba diving offered.

At least I didn't pay for it. Client funded jolly.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    At least I didn't pay for it. Client funded jolly.
    Are they trying to save on redundancy costs???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Are they trying to save on redundancy costs???

We considered Egypt a year or so ago. Cheap as chips alright, but not many direct flights, and mahossive travel insurance premiums with more small print exclusions than we could be arsed with.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just avoid these places and it will be fine.

Thank you Frau Merkel for your open border policy....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Blimey, not much left is there?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Whats the big white area in the middle? That looks safe.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Whats the big white area in the middle? That looks safe.
              Not safe for you matey, what with all them Japanese whaling ships out there...

Comment

On the other hand, if you read the FCO advice, you get to find out which bits of Egypt are to be avoided, and which bits are perfectly safe. But why has Luton been missed off that map - I mean that SY01 chap... always seemed super dodgy to me.

Since the CEO came along with us, I'd imagine it wasn't an employee reduction program. He didn't like it - too hot for the poor dear.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Looking at the map, at least Syria, Palestine, Jordan and Israel are okay.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    On the other hand, if you read the FCO advice, you get to find out which bits of Egypt are to be avoided, and which bits are perfectly safe . But why has Luton been missed off that map - I mean that SY01 chap... always seemed super dodgy to me.

Since the CEO came along with us, I'd imagine it wasn't an employee reduction program. He didn't like it - too hot for the poor dear.
                    Yeah but how do you find out? Sharm was perfectly safe... Until someone bombed it in 2005.

You would have thought Djeser-Djeseru in Luxor was safe because it's in the middle of no where but it wasn't very safe in 1997.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X