• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The remainers wheel out their secret weapon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remainers wheel out their secret weapon

https://next.ft.com/content/32ace012...0-04585c31b153

Former PM will extol the social benefits the EU has brought to the UK

He would do. He's the twunt who promised a referendum on any closer political integration and then had the Lisbon treaty signed without asking. He didn't even have the guts to turn up to the full ceremony himself.

Let's face it, the Remainers have nothing positive to say about the EU. Everything is based on what might go wrong. The people voting for them only have self-interest at heart, either ex-pats, BTL owners or people wanting EU jobs. Brown will finish their argument off once and for all. The only other people standing up for the Remainers are the self centred Euros like the twonk from Germany who said we wouldn't have access to the single market.

Good luck Bremainers. I thought you would have an easy win, you should have had an easy win. A pity for you that staying in isn't decided upon by who is the most negative and best at shooting themselves in the foot.

You have just over a week to post something positive about why we should stay in Europe. Anything will do because so far, you haven't managed a single thing.

Comment

The fundamental difference is that, this time, he needs to convince a large majority of working class voters, not middle class voters who might be worried about the status of the Pound in an independent Scotland. To working class voters, this isn't simply about potential economic consequences. It's about the actual consequences, currently being experienced, of wage compression, stretched public services, and a Labour party that has all but given up on the working poor. Tough sell. I wouldn't underestimate his skills at public speaking or the publicity he'll get (particularly on the BBC), but I predict he fails.

Based on what I've read from Labour reps around the country, Brexit is way more popular than Labour had ever anticipated. That the Labour leadership is so surprised about this is quite telling. Whether they turn out is another question. They don't traditionally. But I think it's probably different this time, with the added bonus of kicking Hamface and Gidiot.

Comment

GB, an underrated financial genius, discuss
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

My only question would be: what does Hamface promise between now and 23rd June to try and turn this around? What is the Brexit "vow"? I'd half expected him to (attempt to) guarantee a referendum on Turkish succession, but he seems to be hamstrung by the politics of such a commitment (given his earlier promises to Turkey), otherwise that would've been forthcoming already.

What's the vow?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            GB, an underrated financial genius, discuss
            He stole billions from everyone's pensions, I'd say that's pretty impressive, based on the fact that he isn't hanging from a lampost by piano wire....

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              My only question would be: what does Hamface promise between now and 23rd June to try and turn this around? What is the Brexit "vow"? I'd half expected him to (attempt to) guarantee a referendum on Turkish succession, but he seems to be hamstrung by the politics of such a commitment (given his earlier promises to Turkey), otherwise that would've been forthcoming already.

What's the vow?
              Yep, he's gonna do everything in his power to get Turkey into the EU asap, including lobby the EU to remove the remaining restrictions.

Cameron: 'UK strongly supports Turkey EU membership bid' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                He stole billions from everyone's pensions, I'd say that's pretty impressive, based on the fact that he isn't hanging from a lampost by piano wire....
                His precious metals trading "skills" were quite special too
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yep, he's gonna do everything in his power to get Turkey into the EU asap, including lobby the EU to remove the remaining restrictions.

Cameron: 'UK strongly supports Turkey EU membership bid' - BBC News
                  This situation might just be un-vowable. His trustworthiness is so low (on the EU) that I'm not sure he has a commitment that anyone would believe.

Only this morning he was on air rolling back his central manifesto commitment to pensioners. The triple unlock.

You know, the one that got him elected, along with this referendum.

Comment

Gidiot did worse.

Brown is saint compared to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X