• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relevant life insurance policies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relevant life insurance policies

Hi,

Does anyone know of any relevant life insurance policies that can be transferred to me if I decide to stop contracting?

Also any recommended IFAs or policies? I took a look at the one recommended on Qdos, but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from them (probably because their is an issue with their security certificates and the fact that their website contains the word offshore)

Thanks

VC

Relevant Life Policies

Yes, had a word with our internal IFA and she advises that these policies can be transferred into your name to continue the life cover should you cease contracting but may be an option to review the policies when it comes to the time to make sure getting best value given you'd not be receiving any CT relief on the premiums.

Comment

Several I looked at had the same premium whether purchased personally, or as a relevant life policy through the company. So you should be able to transfer to a personal policy if you stop contracting, and it will probably still be reasonably competitive.

Comment

Working...
      X