• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best National Anthem The Euros ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best National Anthem The Euros ?

For me, Italy so far. Sounds like an opera.

I remember watching the rugby in Rome before and hearing the anthem then makes your hairs stand on end.

:nazi:

Comment

OCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        For me, Italy so far. Sounds like an opera.

I remember watching the rugby in Rome before and hearing the anthem then makes your hairs stand on end.
        Agreed. I wish ours was similarly uplifting, might inspire some passion in our over-paid, under-performing players...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Italy's good
          Always liked the Welsh one too

Comment

We as in England don't have a national anthem - we need Land of Hope and Glory - maybe after June 23rd
            "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
              We as in England don't have a national anthem - we need Land of Hope and Glory - maybe after June 23rd
              Jerusalem is sung as the England anthem at the commonwealth games.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Commonwealth Games Council for England conducted a poll of members of the public which decided the anthem for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. The three options were "God Save the Queen", "Jerusalem" and "Land of Hope and Glory". "Jerusalem" was the clear winner with 52% of the vote; "Land of Hope and Glory" received 32% and "God Save the Queen" 12%.[3]
                "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Isn't like Jerusalem like a continent in Africa or something like?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Isn't like Jerusalem like a continent in Africa or something like?
                    No, it's an artichoke. I'd go for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51JSTXhfx3c

There's an advert before the clip, but be patient, it's worth it just for Cowell's reaction at the end.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X