• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£ / €

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£ / €

Are any of you currency experts who are predicting the demise of the £ vs € actually betting on it?

I'd watch GBP/USD or GBP/JPY (Japanese Yen) because if brexit happens the Euro will probably dive as well whereas USD and JPY (and CHF - Swiss Franc) are safe havens so GBP/USD or GBP/JPY GBP/CHF will give a much bigger move.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

GBP/USD for me.

Which way will it go?

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

It'll take spuds of steel to try and call this one. Just in case anyone forgets Sterling was nearly at parity with the Euro back in late 2008 so all this weak pound stuff should be taken in context.

Comment

Good answers so far. Seems it's just the Bremainers who are shouting about Sterling collapse but not really betting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Good answers so far. Seems it's just the Bremainers who are shouting about Sterling collapse but not really betting on it.
            I moved £20k to Euro a week ago. Right choice. Not a bet mind. But I'd rather it were in euro than sterling as I would of lost out.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I moved £20k to Euro a week ago. Right choice. Not a bet mind. But I'd rather it were in euro than sterling as I would of lost out.
              But how much do you have left in Sterling?

Comment

The other play is gold.

One, the shock will likely cause gold to rise in price, and as it is priced in dollars, the gain in GBP should be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Your gains will be minimal at present. Do you have a plan for switching back on the 23rd on are you not bothered about missing out the other way?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    But how much do you have left in Sterling?
                    Just assets, two properties. Just sold one but the cash won't be released until next month
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X