• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which VOIP app ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which VOIP app ?

Skype works pretty well but I can't find any way to send DTMF tones as part of the dialled number e.g. 08001234567,,,,,,1234# for dialling conference calls.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Skype works pretty well but I can't find any way to send DTMF tones as part of the dialled number e.g. 08001234567,,,,,,1234# for dialling conference calls.

Thanks!
    I use the media5-fone app. Works well enough for what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Thanks!
      Is that Skype for Business, or consumer Skype?
      Current clientco use Skype for Business exclusively (no desk phones) and tones work for menu systems / conference calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
        Is that Skype for Business, or consumer Skype?
        Current clientco use Skype for Business exclusively (no desk phones) and tones work for menu systems / conference calls.
        It's free (consumer) skype. But thanks, I might look at Skype for Business. Could be overkill for me though.

Comment

Working...
        X