• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trading strategy for 24th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading strategy for 24th

If we Remain:
    • Buy Dax (High)
      Buy FTSE (Med)
      Buy £/€ (Low)
      Buy £/$ (Low)

If we Brexit
    • Sell Dax (Med)
      Buy FTSE (Med)
      Sell €/$ (Low)
      Sell €/¥ (Low)

All bets subject to market movement I. E. if it is going the other way then don't do it.

DYOR etc.

Anyone else got anything lined up?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Anyone else got anything lined up?
    Need to sell some USD/EUR, in the event of Brexit I win, and in the event of Stay I lose... hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Need to sell some USD/EUR, in the event of Brexit I win, and in the event of Stay I lose... hmmmm
      It's EUR/USD!

Comment

You see it's very obvious how to play ? And that' what worries me the most. Hedge funds can screw with us nicely on that day..

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          You see it's very obvious how to play ? And that' what worries me the most. Hedge funds can screw with us nicely on that day..
          They screw you nicely every day.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            They screw you nicely every day.
            not only me

BOE is preparing intervention on pound in an of brexit so beware

Comment

not only me

Howabout buying the gold back that brown the clown disposed of.

Comment

Intervention with what?

BOEs foreign currency reserves (nevermind shiny gold) are very limited.

They already expressed desire to see GBP go down 10%, I doubt they would even increase interest rates substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Intervention with what?

BOEs foreign currency reserves (nevermind shiny gold) are very limited.

They already expressed desire to see GBP go down 10%, I doubt they would even increase interest rates substantially.
                  Be prepared to stabilise pound on Brexit, top FX players advise BoE | Reuters

The sudden lifting of a cap on the Swiss franc rate against the euro in January 2015 saw trading seize up, prices evaporate and the currency's value balloon by 40 percent in minutes, leaving a trail of losses and bankruptcies.

The BoE would not try to influence the ultimate market level of sterling once the dust settles after a vote for Brexit, but could seek to prevent the sort of damaging gyrations seen in the half hour after the removal of the floor on the franc, the sources said.

"The Bank is considering what it should be doing on the day and intervention is naturally one of the options," said a senior official at one of the industry's biggest brokerages, asking not to be named.

"Of course they will not say publicly what their conclusion is, but I am sure they are considering how they would intervene on the day if need be."

Comment

Just watch out for major moves on 23rd before the result is known because many banks and funds will be commissioning their own polls (it's interesting that the last public ICM poll was this week). As diseasex notes, it's easy to get played, especially in currency markets, and I would expect some bigs swings during 23rd, which could be false dawns or inside info. On the 24th, once the results is known, you'll already have lost much of the upside or downside because it will be immediate, and these things tend to overshoot, so you could quite easily have a reversal on your hands, panic, and then find it moving back in your favour. FWIW, I've already taken my punts, as I'd prefer to make a call now than respond to events in an extremely volatile market. Finally, it's worth noting that there may be various political events/uncertainties that create further volatility even once the result is known, including a Remain result (e.g. does the current Gov't survive and in what form?).

Comment

Working...
                    X