• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No new Brexit threads today ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new Brexit threads today ?

Hadn't seen a new and unnecessary Brexit thread for today, so I've taken it upon myself to start one.

Here's my predictions.

'Leave' will get good polling figures over the weekend.

On Monday, Camoron will drag Blair, Brown, Darling and the body of Thatcher out of the woodwork to make a bunch of TV broadcasts complete with heart wrenching 'close to tears' faces, pleading for people to vote remain, using words like 'all my heart' and 'deep in my soul'.

On Tuesday, a mocked up 'Vow' will appear in most major newspapers, where Camoron and Gidiot will come up with a four point plan to deal with the fears of 'leave' voters. He will promise to completely re negotiate free movement across the EU, cut the UK financial contribution, win a VETO on any EU legislation that casts him in a bad light and promise that we will definitely have another referendum in 10 years time if he doesn't carry out any of the above. he will promise better, safer, faster change if we Remain. Please, Please let me do this for the UK. I'm listening to your concerns etc etc

'Remain' will win the referendum by an 8-10 point margin and Camoron's beaming red face will appear on the steps of Downing Street and using his best condescending voice, will tell the country that we can only bring about the change we require by joining the Euro and allowing Turkey to join the EU immediately.

15% of the electorate will realise they've been duped and be really pissed off. The 46% who voted 'Leave' will be angry as **** at the ones who were swayed by the bulltulip and want to kill them.

Camoron will resign as Prime Minister, taking a £500,000 per year post with the EU's policy unit.
    Last edited by TestMangler; 16 June 2016, 10:34.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

What ******* planet are you on?

I mean, you couldn't be more wrong!

£500,000 per year Put a 0 or two on it.

PS. The rest was spot on.

Comment

I'll say this for the jocks indy-ref discussions, at least that was mostly contained in a single thread.

Anyway, you've got nothing in there about Jean Claude coming over to tell us we're too tulip and insignificant to go it alone. I think that might yet put a spanner in the works of an otherwise highly plausible scenario.

Comment

Sounds about right.

Lots of undecided will vent their frustration to the pollsters but bottle it on voting day.

Friday, normal service resumes.

Comment

Pretty much spot on, however you haven't mentioned a plum EU job for our favourite village Gidiot
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            I'll say this for the jocks indy-ref discussions, at least that was mostly contained in a single thread.

Anyway, you've got nothing in there about Jean Claude coming over to tell us we're too tulip and insignificant to go it alone. I think that might yet put a spanner in the works of an otherwise highly plausible scenario.
            Can't see JC ****** holding much sway, although, to be fair, I thought everyone in Scotland would have had the sense to ignore G Brown's corpse when they wheeled that out to make a plea.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Pretty much spot on, however you haven't mentioned a plum EU job for our favourite village Gidiot
              He's your next prime minister mate He will be the 'mastermind' behind UK's financial strength and architect of the campaign to stop us leaving the EU. He will be carried shoulder high to No 10.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                He should be carried shoulder high to No 10 and skewered on the railings outside.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  He's your next prime minister mate He will be the 'mastermind' behind UK's financial strength and architect of the campaign to stop us leaving the EU. He will be carried shoulder high to No 10.
                  All's well that ends well then
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    All's well that ends well then
                    Much tax about nothing?

The Turning of the screw?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X