• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car parking Penalty in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car parking Penalty in Italy

Well, as it happens, I've received this Notice from Italian Police through post that I exceeded the free parking time by 3 minutes and that I should pay a penalty of 82 Euros

It being a company car hired purely for the purpose of business, what is my position on putting it through my company?

Vote Brexit next week, and with luck you'll be able to tear up the ticket and tell them to go and do one!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What does your Italian accountant say?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        What does your Italian accountant say?

FTFY
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Fines that you get for breaking the law aren't a valid business expense - there was a tribunal this year where G4S lost their case because it was a fine obtained through illegal activity.

If it's a private fine, then you might be able to claim it, as the tribunal was unclear.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            Fines that you get for breaking the law aren't a valid business expense - there was a tribunal this year where G4S lost their case because it was a fine obtained through illegal activity.

If it's a private fine, then you might be able to claim it, as the tribunal was unclear.
            In Italy or the UK?

Despite Brexiter claims the laws aren't synced across the EU.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              my position on putting it through my company?
              That would be bent over, spread eagled and gagged I think.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You basterwards haven't got a clue.

Let me call my accountant and get a hug if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post

This.

If it is a "penalty" based on wrong doing, e.g. something issued by a traffic warden then not chargeable. But if it's private then it is (should be), it's part of the contractural arrangement.

Personally I'd just put it through as parking costs and if it ever gets challenged by HMIT "oh fair enough, didn't realise".

Some links.

When and how parking fines and penalties are tax deductible | Chartered Accountant Blog
                  Are parking fines and penalties tax deductible? | Tax - Tips & Advice Business Database

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    You basterwards haven't got a clue.

Let me call my accountant and get a hug if possible.

with very long arms
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X