• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

homes under the hammer liars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homes under the hammer liars

For all you sit at home types

just watching today`s episode and surprised to see a fella that had sold his own house to fund a basement garden flat doer upper , he moved into rented.

first mistake paying 314k when guide was 250k then not completing in 28 days and getting a 20k fine

valuations came in at 350k to 375k and £425 to 450k

eventually sold for less than purchase , refurb , legal, estate agents fees.

1 bedroom apartment for sale in Lyndhurst Way, Peckham, SE15

property only goes up

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    For all you sit at home types

just watching today`s episode and surprised to see a fella that had sold his own house to fund a basement garden flat doer upper , he moved into rented.

first mistake paying 314k when guide was 250k then not completing in 28 days and getting a 20k fine

valuations came in at 350k to 375k and £425 to 450k

eventually sold for less than purchase , refurb , legal, estate agents fees.

1 bedroom apartment for sale in Lyndhurst Way, Peckham, SE15

property only goes up

It happens. I went to an auction recently where the guide price for a house was 135k. Knowing it was undervalued, they started the bidding at 150. I eventually got knocked out at 210k, and the bloody thing finished at around 285k. It needed at least 100k spending on it, and was worth about 350k done up.

Madness
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

60m Turkish renters are heading this way, I'd say whatever the price is now, in 5 years it will be worth 10x that.

Vote remain and fill yer boots! We're all BTL millionaires now.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It happens. I went to an auction recently where the guide price for a house was 135k. Knowing it was undervalued, they started the bidding at 150. I eventually got knocked out at 210k, and the bloody thing finished at around 285k. It needed at least 100k spending on it, and was worth about 350k done up.

Madness
        been to a few savills auctions, always seem to go well above what an agent would have put them at.

but basement flat in peckham £450k , utter fing madness

Comment

been to a few savills auctions, always seem to go well above what an agent would have put them at.

Up and coming, gentrification, etc...bargain basement prices.

Comment

That's nothing - In South Kensington basement flats are going for anything up to £1,400,000

Property details for Basement Flat 284 Earls Court Road London SW5 9AS - Zoopla

How do you think I could afford to buy outright an eight bedroom turnip in Devon?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That's nothing - In South Kensington basement flats are going for anything up to £1,400,000

Property details for Basement Flat 284 Earls Court Road London SW5 9AS - Zoopla

How do you think I could afford to buy outright a large turnip in Devon?
              big difference between kensington and peckham

that`s like comparing a gold bar and a turd

Comment

big difference between kensington and peckham

that`s like comparing a gold bar and a turd
                Indeed. Kensington is full of 4rseholes who all need deporting.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  60m Turkish renters are heading this way, I'd say whatever the price is now, in 5 years it will be worth 10x that.

Vote remain and fill yer boots! We're all BTL millionaires now.....
                  If it's Remain, I'm off to buy a house.

Comment

Other things

Other things to remember

Comment

Working...
                    X