• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did you get for fathers day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you get for fathers day?

I got homemade cards(as requested) and this :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Works-D.../dp/0718184262

review here :-

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...w-zoe-williams

Would be very funny if not so close to the truth.

An early call to take my daughter to work!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      An early call to take my daughter to work!!
      Still got that to come.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

letter from CSA

Comment

Was going to buy Fiddle a crate of champagne (for the benefit of the newbies, he doesn't have an alibi for 1968 so he must therefore be my dad). He hasn't showed up for a while, so I'll be drinking it myself then
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So far feck all. And some grief from missus, who has fecked off to help out the local fete. Daughter in bed sick.

Rubbish.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And so this is life for the modern man. We get to help out with the previously female only tasks like cleaning, cooking, washing, feeding the kids etc but then soon as the lawn needs mowing or one of the gadgets breaks or the car needs servicing or washing, it's a "man's job" and her indoors is suddenly incapable of keeping up.

Same goes for Fathers Day. On Mothers Day the women all expect a "day off" starting with breakfast in bed, with flowers and handmade cards from the kids.

On Father's day we get to cook the family breakfast and lunch and then do the dishes, empty the bins, drag the old broken washing machine to the curb then order a new one online, vacuum the mess the kids made during lunch and only now get to post to CUK. Or is that only my experience today?
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 19 June 2016, 13:40.

Comment

Another day in paradise.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I got a pair of black socks in the bottom of a pint glass, topped off with a white handkerchief to create the effect of an inexpertly pulled pint of Guinness. I've not decided yet whether this is a great piece of imaginative artwork, or a massive cop out referencing the only two safe dad interests applicable to all men (wearing socks and getting pissed up).

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    I got a pair of black socks in the bottom of a pint glass, topped off with a white handkerchief to create the effect of an inexpertly pulled pint of Guinness. I've not decided yet whether this is a great piece of imaginative artwork, or a massive cop out referencing the only two safe dad interests applicable to all men (wearing socks and getting pissed up).
                    Maybe both, I quite like the ingenuity.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X