• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips for Poland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Poland

As it happens, just noticed an email from the boss lady asking me to plan a trip to their Krakow facility in July for a week.

While it feels like a dream come true, are there any "patrons" who could advise on what not to do when in Poland?

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    As it happens, just noticed an email from the boss lady asking me to plan a trip to their Krakow facility in July for a week.

While it feels like a dream come true, are there any "patrons" who could advise on what not to do when in Poland?

Yes. Go native.

Drink Vodka, beat up the wife, then move to England to wash cars & claim benefits.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Yes. Go native.

Drink Vodka, beat up the wife, then move to England to wash cars & claim benefits.
      All our local car washers are Romanian.

The Polish are the builders, electricians, plumbers, plasters etc.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        All our local car washers are Romanian.

The Polish are the builders, electricians, plumbers, plasters etc.
        Did not know they hung on to the walls !!

Comment

FTFY
          While it feels like one of my wet dreams has come true, are there any "patrons" who could advise on what not to do when in Poland?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Be sure not to do anything that can be construed as work. You won't be allowed to.

I bought some of this (cherry):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soplica_(vodka)

from the local Polish shop not so long ago. Very nice it was too.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Be sure not to do anything that can be construed as work. You won't be allowed to.

I bought some of this (cherry):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soplica_(vodka)

from the local Polish shop not so long ago. Very nice it was too.
              back in my days you would get beaten up on the street if you said you support football team X to a supporter Y xD but things changing.
              Careful for woman though , they are damn beautiful and can make you go stupid xD unless thats what you want
              also you can get 1h hooker for 20f that looks like a freaking model (not that i know from experience xD)
              Last edited by diseasex; 20 June 2016, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                also you can get 1h hooker for 20f that looks like a freaking model (not that i know from experience xD)
                What is a 1h hooker? And how much is 20f? Not that I'm interested of course.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Careful for woman though , they are damn beautiful and can make you go stupid
                  Ah, so thats why you are such a total idiot then
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Careful for woman though , they are damn beautiful and can make you go stupid xD unless thats what you want
                    Is there room for negotiation?

Comment

Working...
                    X