• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been offered a permie role!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been offered a permie role!

Direct from the client. They're looking for someone who is honest and hard working, unlike the guy they've just sacked. A bit of foreign travel, and the opportunity to earn around 300k in 5 years by the time you include the share options, frequent flyer miles and gym membership (last guy didn't use his).

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Direct from the client. They're looking for someone who is honest and hard working, unlike the guy they've just sacked. A bit of foreign travel, and the opportunity to earn around 300k in 5 years by the time you include the share options, frequent flyer miles and gym membership (last guy didn't use his).

Economy class?

Comment

All funded from the savings they'll make from the lunch time meeting buffets?

Comment

Is that 300k total over 5 years, or 300k a year by year 5?

As long as it's not enforced economy travel, and you can fly Business class, I'd probably have a go at it for 300k a year :/ maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
          Is that 300k total over 5 years, or 300k a year by year 5?

As long as it's not enforced economy travel, and you can fly Business class, I'd probably have a go at it for 300k a year :/ maybe...

Comment

You're including gym membership in the 300k?

I took a permie job last year and handed in my notice after 3 1/2 months.

Comment

I guess it could be a lot of foreign travel and 200k of the 300k is the miles and gym memberships, nah i'm out.

Comment

Sounds like a £45k base salary.

Ouch when that's what the client thinks you're worth.

Comment

Don't do it. It's a trap!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Take it. Contracting is dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X