• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve et. al.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve et. al.

.. or what are the best (IT) jobsites to use now?

I'm tentatively on the prowl for a new gig (though a summer off is a lot more appealing/likely), I've not updated my CV in three years. It used to be you'd update it onto CWJobs, Jobserve, Reed etc. and wait for the sharks to start circling once they've had their "a CV has been updated" notifications.

I've just had a quick scan of these but the number of adverts seems to be a lot lower, is the market utter tulipe or have the ads moved elsewhere?

Please don't say LinkedIn, I've been ignoring every connection request since 2012.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Sadly there is no evidence other sites have jobs that are not on Jobserve. It's worth lodging your CV elsewhere. Agents do trawl them and contact you directly but the general feeling is many skills are facing significant increases in available people coupled with significant reduction in openings. Naturally the bargain hunters are still out in force offering derisory rates.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I've noticed that in recent weeks. Maybe there is a lull in contract starts until the referendum result is known.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I found Reed was always useful for that as it tracks the number of applicants against a role i.e. you can gauge competition. Funny seeing 30+ applicants against an "MS Excel analyst" type role.

Any recommended sites where the agents trawl these days? I'd rather them do the work finding me a gig while I'm out in the sunshine rather than have to sit on JS pressing F5 each day.
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

You'll be surprised at the results when using

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I get a lot of calls from agents after putting my CV on CV Library. Job Search - Find UK jobs on CV-Library.co.uk

NOTE: Make sure you have a cheap 2nd phone with other non personal number (e.g. PAYG SIM) for job hunting. Once your phone number is on the internet it will be spammed 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I've noticed that in recent weeks. Maybe there is a lull in contract starts until the referendum result is known.
              Speaking to agents recently (not fun I know), it seems everyone is going contracting. They have a handful of contracts, and 100's of contractors. On the permie side, it's the other way round.

Mind you, for similar roles, the contracts pay close to £500/day, but the number of permie jobs doing the same thing paying more than £50K even is pitiful.

No wonder everyone has jumped ship....

Comment

[QUOTE=DimPrawn;2271856]I get a lot of calls from agents after putting my CV on CV Library. Job Search - Find UK jobs on CV-Library.co.uk

Cheers will look into that, I've a feeling I may be registered but turned off email alerts.

Comment

Working...
                X