• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit / Climate Change Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit / Climate Change Poll

Self-explanatory poll
    Pro-Remain / Believe in man-made climate change
    25.00%
    Pro-Remain / Don't believe in man-made climate change
    16.67%
    Pro-Leave / Believe in man-made climate change
    16.67%
    Pro-Leave / Don't believe in man-made climate change
    33.33%
    Pro-Remain in AndyW
    8.33%

According to Farage, if we exit there will only be white clouds in the UK. Non-white clouds will be sent back to where they came from.
    Night time will also be reduced for the same reason.
    We will also no longer have wind blowing from the South as that brings foreign air into our country from Europe. This air will be stopped at the borders.

So, Brexit will solve any climate problems.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      According to Farage, if we exit there will only be white clouds in the UK. Non-white clouds will be sent back to where they came from.
      Night time will also be reduced for the same reason.
      We will also no longer have wind blowing from the South as that brings foreign air into our country from Europe. This air will be stopped at the borders.

So, Brexit will solve any climate problems.
      Yes very funny, UKIP is BNP and anyone who supports a Britain outside of the EU is basically a :nazi:

Yawn. FOAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Self-explanatory poll
        Sorry to spoil your expected symmetry, but I voted "Pro-Leave / Believe in man-made climate change"
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Yes very funny, UKIP is BNP and anyone who supports a Britain outside of the EU is basically a :nazi:

Yawn. FOAD.

Nope, big difference between "Anyone who supports a Britain outside of the EU" and "UKIP".

It's very possible to be a Brexiter without supporting Farage and his ilk.
          Your inability to see that says more about you than it does about me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Sorry to spoil your expected symmetry, but I voted "Pro-Leave / Believe in man-made climate change"
            I'm interested in the correlation, not a 100% match. And I did expect some pro-Leavers might either pretend to believe in man-made climate change or be too cretinous to tick the right box.

Comment

"Pro-Remain / Don't believe in man-made climate change"

Assuming we're being serious for a minute: I ticked that but I have a problem with the word "believe". I'm sceptical about man made climate change as I don't believe the arguments are convincing, and I'm also sceptical about the EU. But I'm more sceptical about the Brexit case, being mostly built on things that I find dubious or that I can easily verify aren't true by doing 5 minutes of research. Being sceptical is intelligent; believing is dumb. The Brexit case seems to require a leap of faith, as does believing in climate change, and that's not enough for me.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It's very possible to be a Brexiter without supporting Farage and his ilk.
                Your inability to see that says more about you than it does about me.
                Put me in that camp - I think he's an opportunist c@ck. Still voting Leave though. Cheerio EUSSR...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  "Pro-Remain / Don't believe in man-made climate change"

Assuming we're being serious for a minute: I ticked that but I have a problem with the word "believe". I'm sceptical about man made climate change as I don't believe the arguments are convincing, and I'm also sceptical about the EU. But I'm more sceptical about the Brexit case, being mostly built on things that I find dubious or that I can easily verify aren't true by doing 5 minutes of research. Being sceptical is intelligent; believing is dumb. The Brexit case seems to require a leap of faith, as does believing in climate change, and that's not enough for me.
                  What leap of faith is that?
                  That a country that has a strong liberal democracy will find itself in deep economic and other trouble as opposed to being part of a superstate of which there is no historical precedent of any such group of nations pooling sovereignty except for the Soviet Union?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I'm interested in the correlation, not a 100% match. And I did expect some pro-Leavers might either pretend to believe in man-made climate change or be too cretinous to tick the right box.
                    I'm 70% sure some degree of climate change is man-made, so no deceit there unless it is self-deceit.

But I'm intrigued to know the "right box". One of the Remain boxes, obviously, but could it be the "no man-made climate change?" and I'm doubly cretinous?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X