• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German Viernheim cinema complex Shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Viernheim cinema complex Shooting

This could swing the EU vote

German Viernheim cinema complex attacker 'dead' - BBC News
    A masked man who reportedly opened fire at a cinema complex in western Germany is now dead, German media are reporting.
    The man had fired at least one shot at the Kinopolis complex in Viernheim, near Frankfurt.
    At least 20 people are said have been injured - many apparently as the result of a release of tear gas in a confined space.
    It is unclear how the man died, or if he had taken any hostages.
    Heavily armed police surrounded the complex after the incident began around lunchtime.

No real info on motive and a bit too late now anyway. Although this (in view of recent CUK thread on US gun control which I can't be arsed to look for) was interesting:

Germany has one of the highest weapons-per-head rates in the world, but one of the lowest gun homicide rates in Europe: 0.05 per 1,000 people, compared with 3.34 in the US.
    Germany is the only country in the world where anyone under the age of 25 who applies for their first firearms licence must undergo a psychiatric evaluation with a trained counsellor, including personality and anger management tests.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...olis-viernheim
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There is a gagging order in place.

So I think we know what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

What gagging order? Presumably you follow this guy: https://twitter.com/nextdoorarab (https://twicopy.org/NextDoorArab-600411263/) who seems to be the only person who has mentioned it. Mind you there is a lot of ******* weirdos on the net reporting as everything from a white supremacist to Islamic terrorists...

Only 20km from me and both the local and national press are doing full reporting on it...

Der Täter habe einen verwirrten Eindruck gemacht. Nach einer ersten Einschätzung der Sicherheitsbehörden gab es vermutlich keinen terroristischen Hintergrund. Bei dem Mann habe es sich mutmaßlich um einen verwirrten Einzeltäter gehandelt, hieß es aus Sicherheitskreisen weiter.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Didn't get it from there. Never seen that account.

Comment

Only clue so far, from DT, is he spoke "broken German". Prob. Scottish.

Germany shooting: Gunman shot dead by police after cinema hostage attempt
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

there was probably no terrorist background
              hmm.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Indeed. If it had been a right wing nutcase I'm sure they'd be all over this like a rash.

Comment

He had a suicide belt on but thought he would put on a mask. Witnesses claim he was between 18-25 but nobody can say if he was non European extraction.

Sounds like bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                  X