• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disgusting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusting

..modern management speak.

Has this just appeared over the last 2-3 years? Seen in a job advert:

This leader in the finance industry is urgently looking for a talented triple-threat, with expertise in (x), (y) and (z).

Think I'll pass based purely on the language they use in the ads, might be a bit too 'bleeding edge' for me.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

This leader in the finance industry is urgently looking for a talented triple-threat, with expertise in (x), (y) and (z).

Think I'll pass based purely on the language they use in the ads, might be a bit too 'bleeding edge' for me.
    I think this has to do with taking a widely used term from one industry and applying it to another / changing it slightly. In media/telco, triple play & quad play are widely used and words like triple threat are used to describe competitors offering triple play services. Maybe the recruiter has worked in media/telco previously and used it for the ad ?

Having said that, triple-play & quad-play were only coined 6-7 years ago (or atleast that's when I heard them)

Comment

Triple threat

I'm considering applying: When I mention my herpes, rabies and frequent violent outbursts I should at least get a phone interview. I was going to mention the Zika virus, but that would just be showing off...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I'm considering applying: When I mention my herpes, rabies and frequent violent outbursts I should at least get a phone interview. I was going to mention the Zika virus, but that would just be showing off...
        Just explain you are adept with network management behind enemy lines, you withstood management retributions and put up with years of stalking.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What is a triple-threat?

Apart from AndyW's mum, NLyUK and MF that is.....

Comment

To quote from Jeremy Clarkson, if you are disgusted by that, what word do you use when a dog eats donkey sh1t then pukes it up on the lounge floor?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              What is a triple-threat?

I think it's a Tesco's buy one, get 2 for free.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                What is a triple-threat?

"According to the dictionary, a triple threat is someone in a particular field who exhibits three skills that are necessary to excel. Usually, those three skills are related in some way."

Comment

FTFY

Just one word small change required and you would have loads of suitable applicants, on here

This leader in the finance industry is urgently looking for a talented triple-chunt, with expertise in (x), (y) and (z).

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Just explain you are adept with network management behind enemy lines, you withstood management retributions and put up with years of stalking.
                    MF might well disagree with most of that, particularly the "adept" bit.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X