• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does power corrupt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does power corrupt?

https://www.1843magazine.com/feature...llycorrupt1843

Taken as a whole, the ruling groups are more talented intellectually and more deranged mentally than the ruled population.

Damn.

I'd never have guessed.

Just look at Bliar as a prime example.

As mad as a box of frogs.

For dear old Freako, this article discusses the link between power & a sense of entitlement.

I see it if you have your enemies (Trump, Putin et al) then maybe you need lunacy to fight lunacy.

Step forward Mr Johnson...

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Several years ago there was a prominent US psychiatrist who made similar claims about leading politicians, that those at the top had an abnormal level of self regard which verged on insanity. Then articles about it disappeared and I could never find any trace of it on the net. Funny that.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Does power corrupt?

Of course power does not corrupt and anyone who disagrees with me might get banned.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Of course power does not corrupt and anyone who disagrees with me might get banned.
          Power corrupts.

Cameron and Boris are examples of this.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Power corrupts.

WTFH and NaT are examples of this.
            FTFY
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Several years ago there was a prominent US psychiatrist who made similar claims about leading politicians, that those at the top had an abnormal level of self regard which verged on insanity. Then articles about it disappeared and I could never find any trace of it on the net. Funny that.
              Same has been said about people in top jobs bordering on being psychotic in that the have strong tendencies to display the follow traits

1) An inability to accept reality for what it is - they will insist that reality is what they want it to be even when clearly it is not.

2) They do not view other people as having any worth other than what that person can do for them

Comment

Anyone seen George Osborne today ?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  Nope 😃
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                    Probably tied up somewhere
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X