• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trick or treat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trick or treat?

Give me something nice or I'll do something nasty to you.

Its just a variation of mugging isn't it? The yoof of today are so used to the something for nothing culture its just second nature to them, I'm turning out the lights and hiding in the back room tomorrow night.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Everyday is Haloween....

Some nasties to expect from EBs today:

You ring up about a job they've advertised.

They express their interest in your CV and ask for references upfront, because 'the client insists on it' before considering your application.

You give them, including your current client, thinking it will further your application for that wonderful job paying heaps per day.

They ring your current client suggesting they replace you with a cheaper contractor. You don't hear from them again.

Given that this is the way they behave most of the time, not just on the 31st October, perhaps we can expect all job ads on today's jobboard to be accurate instead and EBs to be sincere.

Comment

Kids down my end already chucking eggs at windows, some of the tricker treaters looked 16 years old plus, on fecking mopeds, not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
        Driss smell of piss and eats dog turds and love to give to Ash up the bum

Ok, we get the general tone of the comment. Someone, possibly called Driss, has upset you. Beyond that I'm afraid you are going to have to translate for us.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Ok, we get the general tone of the comment. Someone, possibly called Driss, has upset you. Beyond that I'm afraid you are going to have to translate for us.
          Opps please delete was jesting a collegue I was going to post it and did, then went back to delete it but you were to quick
          Driss is ok actually

Comment

Working...
          X