• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So much confusion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much confusion

All day yesterday we've been trying to make rational sense of the news without success. Our family is broken and our way life we've taken for granted pulled out from under our feet. Just profound sadness. I still can't quite believe it that the UK fell for the absurdities spouted from the likes of Farage, Johnson and Gove.

I'm lucky to be living in the EU but my heart goes out to all my friends and family that will now suffer in Scotland and indeed in the rest of the U.K. as a result of a weak prime minister who abdicated his elected responsibilities and asked a largely uninformed and misled nation to make this choice for him.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Suffering from hangover depression?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Don't think i'm alone. A feeling that only mad worse when you start watching those bigoted interviews.

Theres only so much stupid you can take.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4New...3842562976939/
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't think i'm alone. A feeling that only made worse when you start watching those bigoted interviews.

Theres only so much stupid you can take.
        I guess you already gave up reading any Brexit related threads then.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cameron was gambling on his political future and failed.

I hope Johnson and Gove fail to plus Corbyn, who doesn't have leader attributes goes.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

All day yesterday we've been trying to make rational sense of the news without success. Our family is broken and our way life we've taken for granted pulled out from under our feet. Just profound sadness. I still can't quite believe it that the UK fell for the absurdities spouted from the likes of Farage, Johnson and Gove.

I'm lucky to be living in the EU but my heart goes out to all my friends and family that will now suffer in Scotland and indeed in the rest of the U.K. as a result of a weak prime minister who abdicated his elected responsibilities and asked a largely uninformed and misled nation to make this choice for him.

Don't worry Daniel Hannan is now proposing the freedom of movement of labour. This means probably the UK (or what is left of it) will end up as an "associate member", as the Germans seem to be proposing. I can see Scotland will end up as a full member.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...66834610692096 (thx to Old Greg in another thread)

His weasley words free movement of labour is almost indistinguishable from free movement of people. I came to Germany under the "free movement of labour" rules and it was just as easy to get a job as under the "free movement of people". The only difference was I couldn't claim social security from the beginning I had to qualify. So this will be no different from Cameron's concessions.

In conclusion, the UK will now split up and slowly become reamalgated into an EU in which Eurosceptics will have much less influence.

Basically the consequences will be you'll be issued with a residence permit automatically and after 5 years it will become permanent, i.e. the only thing you'll probably have to fear is two trips to the town hall, where your permit gets stamped. If the UK had voted to stay you would have in any case been barred from social security under the rules he proposed.

I can also imagine a future Labour government reintroducing the "free movement of people".
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 June 2016, 09:09.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Don't worry Daniel Hannan is now proposing the freedom of movement of labour. This means probably the UK (or what is left of it) will end up as an "associate member", as the Germans seem to be proposing. I can see Scotland will end up as a full member.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...66834610692096 (thx to Old Greg in another thread)

His weasley words free movement of labour is almost indistinguishable from free movement of people. I came to Germany under the "free movement of labour" rules and it was just as easy to get a job as under the "free movement of people". The only difference was I couldn't claim social security from the beginning I had to qualify. So this will be no different from Cameron's concessions.

In conclusion, the UK will now split up and slowly become reamalgated into an EU in which Eurosceptics will have much less influence.

Basically the consequences will be you'll be issued with a residence permit automatically and after 5 years it will become permanent, i.e. the only thing you'll probably have to fear is two trips to the town hall, where your permit gets stamped. If the UK had voted to stay you would have in any case been barred from social security under the rules he proposed.

I can also imagine a future Labour government reintroducing the "free movement of people".
              Well I hope the vast brexit voters realise voting LibLabCon is basically voting back in the same old elitist scum, so hopefully the next govt will be led by Mr Farage.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Well I hope the vast brexit voters realise voting LibLabCon is basically voting back in the same old elitist scum, so hopefully the next govt will be led by a former commodities trader.
                FTFY

Comment

Scotland will leave UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Scotland will leave UK.
                    It just gets better!

Comment

Working...
                    X