• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

And so the doom begins. I'm sure we'll whip up some new trade deals from the back of the queue.

EU referendum: Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'
    EU referendum: Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative' - BBC News

"The UK has its credit rating outlook downgraded to "negative" by leading financial agency Moody's, as outgoing PM David Cameron faces pressure to speed up "divorce" talks with the EU."
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

This, drop in pound, shares. All pretty obvious they would happen. Some of course will be making much of what happens over a very short period as they always do. Remember all those tales about right wing scaremongering on immigration from Romania and Bulgaria when very few people arrived in the first few weeks?

It's what happens over the next few years that matters.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The worst thing the country must avoid is an increase in rates on our debt from foreign lenders. And they're righty justified this morning to charge more.

It would not surprise me if the UK lost control of the debt in the next year or so.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mate this is going to kill the EU as you know it. It's already starting to show the fissures as Germany just realised its car industry is teetering on the edge of a tariff nightmare and German ministers start to voice the opinion that members focus on getting a good deal moving forward rather than focus on a revenge divorce. Of course the pompous walkers in the commission are going to do whatever the **** they want as always and the Germans are going to suffer. It won't be long before we have a Anglo German trade agreement.

The English people are not the only ones that think the EU needs a good kicking. My daughter was talking to a German tourist yesterday and he was grateful that we have taken a stand because it was the only way to stop Brussels in its tracks. We all want Europe we just don't want the EUs ball and chain.

Comment

Yeah well that's not the picture I see from here in Bavaria. A very wealthy part of Germany that can look after itself if need be. Having met with other expats in the beer garten the other night, some German friends, Spanish, a French gal, a Italian - the feeling was not to take umbrage out on the UK, even if that's what you'd like. You'll not get the satisfaction. You have this innate impression the EU = Germany and wish for the EU's demise. If anything, from the people I've spoken with the feeling of unity has increased.

Most here are choosing to get a passport of their resident country. I'll wait to see what Scotland does myself. I have two daughters born in Germany. It'll be odd they have the right to remain and their father does not.

PS. Don't call me mate.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Yeah well that's not the picture I see from here in Bavaria. A very wealthy part of Germany that can look after itself if need be. Having met with other expats in the beer garten the other night, some German friends, Spanish, a French gal, a Italian - the feeling was not to take umbrage out on the UK, even if that's what you'd like. You'll not get the satisfaction. You have this innate impression the EU = Germany and wish for the EU's demise. If anything, from the people I've spoken with the feeling of unity has increased.

Most here are choosing to get a passport of their resident country. I'll wait to see what Scotland does myself. I have two daughters born in Germany. It'll be odd they have the right to remain and their father does not.

PS. Don't call me mate.
            I don't . I call you muppet, as in clueless .....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The worst thing the country must avoid is an increase in rates on our debt from foreign lenders. And they're righty justified this morning to charge more.

It would not surprise me if the UK lost control of the debt in the next year or so.
              You must feel like a right tit being the only person on the board to be on the losing side of 2 referenda in 2 years.

Probably time you stopped talking crap don't you think?

Comment

PS. Don't call me mate.
                Ok then fluffy

What I said was the German people are not in the mood to get contentious. But it's pretty clear they are going to get ignored by the Brussels elite. When the EU starts handbaging the UK and the way we reply in kind is to hike a bunch of tariffs up it will be German car manufacturers that suffer along with French and Italian wine producers left wondering where their second biggest wine consumer went etc...

Personally I think we should most definitely grant Scotland another chance to break from us and it would be a good plan if we asked the European Union to grant Scotland a place.

At the end of the day this is a project about stripping inefficiency away. Not landing us with More crap.

Comment

Korean cars are pretty good these days for a budget car. Japanese cars are pretty good for mid level stuff.

Hey we can buy Jags, made in the UK.

Or get Tesla from the USA. God bless you Trump!

Why would anyone be bothered about not being able to buy a French, German or Italian car?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Korean cars are pretty good these days for a budget car. Japanese cars are pretty good for mid level stuff.

Hey we can buy Jags, made in the UK.

Or get Tesla from the USA. God bless you Trump!

Why would anyone be bothered about not being able to buy a French, German or Italian car?
                    Which is why the Germans are first out the gates suggesting we play nice. The guy that sold me both of our Mercs now works in Kia because he said that MB were gearing up for ridiculous growth and the targets were not as advantageous as selling a commodity car at a reasonable price. He also said they had closed the gap in quality pretty quick. MB gearing up to sell more is not in line with a trade war so the Germans are going to push really bloody hard not to let that happen.

I have to decide to buy or keep my toy this year and there is a whole raft of UK/Japanese toys that are vying for my attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X