• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: What does it mean for expats?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: What does it mean for expats?

It means a pile of poo, that's what.

Brexit: What does it mean for expats, here and in the EU? - BBC News

They could fall foul of the rule which exists in 15 EU member states, which says that you can only be hired if no other suitable candidate has been found within the EU area.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Or they could just stop bitching and apply for citizenship then they are back in the game...

Comment

Got to be here for a continuous 8 years before that happens. Not happening anytime soon. Basically I'm flocked.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Got to be here for a continuous 8 years before that happens. Not happening anytime soon. Basically I'm flocked.
        And lose your UK citizenship, Germany doesn't allow it except in extraordinary circumstances, and all those will be off limits...

Herr Skootershotte!

Comment

But both my daughters were born in Germany. Is it possible they could remain but their father could not? Shudder.

Comment

But both my daughters were born in Germany. Is it possible they could remain but their father could not? Shudder.
            I don't think they would be shuddering.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Two of my four daughters were born in Scotland! clutchingatstraws.com!

Have to say the massive uproar over this in UK re: petitions, new referendum, FB mates full of incredulity, makes me wonder who actually voted for brexit? Must be a massive subclass of thicko's like unemployed and general Jeremy Kyle types that voted out....

Comment

Im sure we will find a way to make sure you don't have to come back

In all seriousness the press are blubbering like pussies right now calm down and carry on. You will probably get a result

Comment

Cya

Comment

There'll be less diving in Premier league matches once Johnny foreigner is set back home...

We'll see a return to good old British clogging and top-class fouling....

Comment

Working...
                    X