• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sturgeon threatens to veto Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturgeon threatens to veto Brexit

Oh dear Nicola. You're really getting into difficulty now, aren't you.

By all means have a referendum and leave the UK. I can completely understand why you would want to. Your reasons are similar to my reasons for being outside Europe.

But if Scotland tries to stop the will of the English and Welsh, the backlash on Scottish people will be immense.

Nothing to do with that, all to do with brand Sturgeon. Someone should remind the silly woman that she can't even generate a majority in her own Parliament...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Oh dear Nicola. You're really getting into difficulty now, aren't you.

By all means have a referendum and leave the UK. I can completely understand why you would want to. Your reasons are similar to my reasons for being outside Europe.

But if Scotland tries to stop the will of the English and Welsh, the backlash on Scottish people will be immense.
      Lets just give them a referendum with the rest of the UK voting. EU is going to disintegrate.

Comment

She can't block anything and she knows it.

Sturgeon is throwing this out to cause ill feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Gosh, how awful. What do you think we'll do? Invade? Nuke them from their own lochs?

I think you're forgetting one important point. The majority of people don't really give a toss about anything beyond fags, beer and football. At least, not enough to actually do anything about or wage retribution or anything that involves any actual effort. Apathy would rule if it could be bothered.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Gosh, how awful. What do you think we'll do? Invade? Nuke them from their own lochs?

I think you're forgetting one important point. The majority of people don't really give a toss about anything beyond fags, beer and football. At least, not enough to actually do anything about or wage retribution or anything that involves any actual effort. Apathy would rule if it could be bothered.
            Well a percentage were bothered enough to vote out of the EU. At least more so than those who wanted to stay.

Comment

Surely its in her interest to not block it? By allowing it to go through she has the excuse to take Scotland independent.
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Hahahahahaha

I said it before, bye bye England and the shower of tulip in Westminster. I thought folks on here were more intelligent, Labour and Tories in meltdown, Brexiter's wanting a rethink.

Do your research, Scotland has been subsidising the rest of the UK for decades if not 300 years, good luck surviving when we leave this sorry excuse for an island.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Hahahahahaha

I said it before, bye bye England and the shower of tulip in Westminster. I thought folks on here were more intelligent, Labour and Tories in meltdown, Brexiter's wanting a rethink.

Do your research, Scotland has been subsidising the rest of the UK for decades if not 300 years, good luck surviving when we leave this sorry excuse for an island.
                  They are claiming that you guys won't point to the devolution acts.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He's right, I want my money back.

Comment

Working...
                    X