• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Important Euro question for Swissers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Euro question for Swissers

The current Mrs Stek has booked up us flights tomorrow to Basel arriving at 21:20 local time, with no consideration whatsoever regarding my needs re: the England - Iceland game.

Is there a telly at Basel Airport?

Is there footy on it?

There will be repercusions, started already, I just refused to toast a crumpet for her.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    The current Mrs Stek has booked up us flights tomorrow to Basel arriving at 21:20 local time, with no consideration whatsoever regarding my needs re: the England - Iceland game.

Is there a telly at Basel Airport?

Is there footy on it?

There will be repercusions, started already, I just refused to toast a crumpet for her.

ffs never heard of internet streaming ???

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
      ffs never heard of internet streaming ???
      When you need a shìt do you just squeeze your head?

Comment

zattoo.ch has an app will give you free access to loads of channels, so if you have got roaming data, that might be your best bet.

Otherwise, your only option will be to stage a Stexit.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          zattoo.ch has an app will give you free access to loads of channels, so if you have got roaming data, that might be your best bet.

Otherwise, your only option will be to stage a Stexit.
          I was hoping to get a pub visit out of it!

Comment

Paddy Reilly's, Pickwick's and Flanagan's will probably be showing the match - they're all pretty central.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

By the way after Brexit roaming charges in EU will be a lot higher because reduction only applies to phones from EU members...

Comment

I'm also over in August. I've just stolen some gold jewellery from the old couple across the road, can you let me know where I can sell it no questions asked?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I'm also over in August. I've just stolen some gold jewellery from the old couple across the road, can you let me know where I can sell it no questions asked?
                  Did not realise that DP was that old ...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Paddy Reilly's, Pickwick's and Flanagan's will probably be showing the match - they're all pretty central.
                    Cheers NAT, and even Unemployed who suggested streaming, just assumed that would be crap. Plan A is to camp down at Basel Airport Terminal, fire up Zattoo on the rMBP on the airport free wifi (or Three Feel at Home tethered) - I just VPN'd as if I was in CH and got the free 30 day premium trial (no ads, with HD), watched a bit of Die Simpsons on Pro Sieben Schweiz- was fine even over VPN.

Plan B is train to Basel SBB, taxi to Paddy O'Reilly's as it seems to be nearest.

Plan C is VPN to UK and watch the ITV coverage.

Hoping to sort Plans D to Z later on and use Cyrillic if I need more plans.

Comment

Working...
                    X