• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early ...

... to buy a couple of BTLs with the spare cash lying under my sofa?

What's the general consensus on investing in property at the moment?

you need to get in quick because with the price of the pound the foreign money is going to roll in by the bucket load

Comment

Wait a few weeks - if the rates go up then those who have interest only mortgages on multiple properties will start to feel the pain. I suspect a few will start to appear on the market soon.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Wait a few weeks - if the rates go up then those who have interest only mortgages on multiple properties will start to feel the pain. I suspect a few will start to appear on the market soon.
        Rates are going down to 0%.... Normal rational interest rate policy was binned in 2008 and isn't coming back soon.

Personally I think property needs to be no more than x times average earnings and returning a decent return for the risk involved.

I got out in 2005 and aren't coming back in this market...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X