• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why doesn't England just leave the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't England just leave the UK?

It would save a lot of bother.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

We like Wales too much.

Hmmmm, wait a second...

Comment

You can have Wales and NI plus the overseas territories.

But you have to share the Queen and her costs...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You can have Wales and NI plus the overseas territories.

But you have to share the Queen and her costs...
        Her Majesty prefers Dollars.

Comment

Wales voted out as well. So that would leave a United Kingdom of Scotland, and er, not much else. So not what you'd call "United" and since the closest the Scots have to a monarch is Alex the Salmon, not really what you'd call a Kingdom either. So then you'd be kicked out under the EU Nations Descriptions Directive (shortly to be waived through by the Commissars without so much as an announcement, no doubt).
          You can't win, Scooty, face it.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

And before you mention Northern Ireland, their preference, it would seem, is for a united Ireland. I doubt they want to team up with a nation whose citizens love it so much, they can't wait to leave, and wail from afar.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Right, simples. All countries qualifying for Euro 2016 can stay and Scotland can feck off.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                It would save a lot of bother.
                If only it were posible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  And before you mention Northern Ireland, their preference, it would seem, is for a united Ireland. I doubt they want to team up with a nation whose citizens love it so much, they can't wait to leave, and wail from afar.
                  Do you know anything about the politics of Northern Ireland?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I love the way the Scots who are skint keep on going on about being independent.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X