• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Called bottom on Sterling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called bottom on Sterling

Just changed USD at below 1.33 and EUR at below 1.21 - that's tidy

I am going to repent now...

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Premature IMO, unless you need the money. You're probably right in the short/medium-term. It's going to be hard for Cable to break 1.3 convincingly until we know the negotiating positions, and I'd expect it to range in 1-3-1.4 with the news. I think most analysts are suggesting 1.2-1.25 in the longer term, i.e. another 5-10% drop, but this won't happen until it filters into advance readings on the real economy (PMIs etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Premature IMO, unless you need the money
      Need the money.

We'll get more USD/EUR so if I am wrong we'd still gain from new inflows - win/win dirty spekulation situation

Comment

Need the money.

We'll get more USD/EUR so if I am wrong we'd still gain from new inflows - win/win dirty spekulation situation
        Yeah, fair enough. I'm going to be stockpiling USD for the foreseeable.

Comment

Yeah, fair enough. I'm going to be stockpiling USD for the foreseeable.
          Roughly I reckon we made 16-17% extra on USD, and 12-13% extra on EUR compared to the Remain option for which I've voted...

Thanks Brexiters

Comment

Roughly I reckon we made 16-17% extra on USD, and 12-13% extra on EUR compared to the Remain option for which I've voted...

Thanks Brexiters
            You're welcome Unfortunately, most of mine is in notional future earnings with existing clients (...just waiting for the contracts to get deep-sixed now ). I exchange quite regularly, and I exchanged a fair wedge in USD shortly before the outcome I'm going to be stockpiling for a while though, just in case the smeg really hits.

Comment

I exchange quite regularly, and I exchanged a fair wedge in USD shortly before the outcome

Put your Dirty Spekulant badge at your trading terminal and get the hell out of here!!!

Comment

1.35188 and 1.21680 now, plus around 0.01 extra for changing
                Last edited by AtW; 29 June 2016, 15:18.

Comment

1.35188 and 1.21680 now, plus around 0.1 extra for changing
                  This could become a very long thread. Let's see how this pans out a few months from now...

Comment

Put your Dirty Spekulant badge at your trading terminal and get the hell out of here!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X