• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit's impact on contract market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit's impact on contract market?

Originally posted by shubhoh View Post
    Article £50/day

Comment

I hear the petitions website support market is booming.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
        Article £50/day
        But even that is 3 months away

Comment

Dooooooom I tell you... Doooom.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Due to lack of inward investments, the high price of crucial imports, and the loss of a large part of the financial market, the economy tanks, and companies tighten their belts. There's a freeze on recruitment, which temporarily boosts contractor requirement for essential projects, but as projects are cancelled, the requirement dwindles. Due to the lack of Freedom of Movement, overseas opportunities for British contractors are essentially nil, except for the most skilled.

Just one of a number of possible scenarios. I'm sure someone can come up with something where the contractor market booms.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seeing lots of banking jobs being advertised this week on German job boards for Frankfurt....i.e.

Projekt / Tender Management - IT Infrastruktur - Einkauf / Procurement - Bank - Frankfurt Stellenbeschreibung: • Supporting EU-wide tender in the IT infrastructure area (mainframe and network) from the project management perspective (tender management), setting-up the project plan and milestones, defining and aligning work packagers, risk and issue management, progress tracking and status reporting, managing business department submissions (care taker role) Unbedingt erforderlich: • Strong project management skills (preferably combina ...... rience with references • Having managed or having taken part in at least 2 to 3 tender (IT infrastructure: mainframe/network highly desired but not precondition) • Public procurement law experience (EU procurement) • Stringent work style but caring from people • Hand-on, practical work style • Experience in communicating on mid to senior management level • German mother tongue Wünschenswert: Einsatzort: Frankfurt Typ: Contract Start: Mid of July Dauer: Oct 2016 + Vergütung
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Anecdotal evidence suggests FDI is falling already. And the City is going to take a big hit. I hope to be proved wrong but the contract market especially for commodity skills is likely to decline sharply in about a year or so. So glad my mortgage is paid off and I have some rental income

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Just one of a number of possible scenarios. I'm sure someone can come up with something where the contractor market booms.
                  Let me try. The economy booms as China, India and the US rush to do trade deals with a superpower Britain. Sales of Spitfires and Austin Allegros soar as England wins the World Cup. Hot crumpets and warm beer are in fashion again as immigrants pile on planes to be deported. The NHS get millions of pounds a week extra. All contractors are on a 1000 pounds a day

Comment

Complete Doom.

I'd say move to Permiedom ASAP and leave the contract market to us brave souls.

Comment

Working...
                    X