• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

India proof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India proof

It seems like everything IT related is going across to India these days. Is there any skills that are India proof? The agent I spoke to today suggested everything MS will be administered or developed in/from India within the next six years. Any views?

Sitting around all day getting paid to post on CUK is India proof so don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
      It seems like everything IT related is going across to India these days. Is there any skills that are India proof? The agent I spoke to today suggested everything MS will be administered or developed in/from India within the next six years. Any views?
      Well, I have a classic solution, and a second useful method. But I'm struggling to see what I'd gain by sharing this with you lot.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        I'm struggling to see what I'd gain by sharing this with you lot.
        If your solution is really working then we would not be able to take advantage of it as by definition it should prevent outsourcing.

Spill the beans or sign your post as "threaded".

Comment

well

Well the forces of economy will protect us from India.

I think what a lot of people tend to overlook is that unless there is a market for goods and services in the west, India and China are not looking so good. If nobddy here has got jobs then it will reduce demand for goods and services.

Wage inflation in India is very high and although nowhere near UK levels, at some point, wage inflation will result in a sutuation where India ceases to have a competitive advantage.

If you starve waiting for this to happen then tough.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            If your solution is really working then we would not be able to take advantage of it as by definition it should prevent outsourcing.

Spill the beans or sign your post as "threaded".
            No, I don't mean a method of preventing outsourcing, I mean a strategy for not finding that there is no work for me on account of all the work being done in India.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
              Well the forces of economy will protect us from India.

I think what a lot of people tend to overlook is that unless there is a market for goods and services in the west, India and China are not looking so good. If nobddy here has got jobs then it will reduce demand for goods and services.
              That is true. The Indian economy will only really have arrived when it services Indian demand, and call centres no longer have to be issued Coronation Street cribs and FA results in order to pretend that they're not in India.

There will always be work here. The task is to make sure that you continue to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                No, I don't mean a method of preventing outsourcing, I mean a strategy for not finding that there is no work for me on account of all the work being done in India.
                renting your body by the hour ?
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Criminal Mastermind (UK)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                    renting your body by the hour ?
                    I don't do long-term contracts.

Comment

Working...
                    X