• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury mud - anyone else there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury mud - anyone else there?

Complete nightmare. 5 hours to get there. (Not as bad as some)

4 hours to get the car out Friday night (to drive kids home). 8 hours to get car and caravan out and get home sunday night.

Luckily, WFH at client yesterday.

Complete shambles no organisation at all. For all the money the bugger makes out of the festival its not too much to ask for them to have a plan in place in case theres bad weather surely?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    For all the money the bugger makes out of the festival its not too much to ask for them to have a plan in place in case theres bad weather surely?
    What, like 100 acres of wooden decking?

Never been there, but I thought the mud was part of the fun!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

4 hours to get the car out Friday night (to drive kids home). 8 hours to get car and caravan out and get home sunday night.

Complete shambles no organisation at all. For all the money the bugger makes out of the festival its not too much to ask for them to have a plan in place in case theres bad weather surely?
      The rain in the run up was the worst I have seen in 15 years. I mean time to build an ark bad. No one could have organised their way out of that. Been the last two years (missed this one) and I can say under normal pissing down conditions it works fine considering what you are trying to do. There would still be quests in and out.

Comment

Sorry PC, no idea. It is an event of, for and by the chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Sorry PC, no idea. It is an event of, for and by the chavs.
          Yeah right. Once upon a time you would be spot on but Im afraid the number of normal people making it there now decreases year on year. The £260 ticket value and security fence sees to that. Its mostly middle class kids playing with too much beer and drugs in a field. Up the other end are the Greenpeace lot lamenting about our lost world.

Its great

Comment

Just treat is as practice for post-Brexit UK.

Comment

Standing in mud all day to get Adele screaming shouty break up music at you.

Would have rather been at the first day of the Somme.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Standing in mud all day to get Adele screaming shouty break up music at you.

Would have rather been at the first day of the Somme.
                Last year we were 4 or 5 lines from the front of the stage for the Mark Ronson Set Rudimental were on afterwards. This little old couple shoved their way in front of my kids and stood there quite smug. Then they turned the subs on and started the set. OMFG I didn't know you could make a clay field in Somerset feel like an earthquake zone

The woman just buckled under the immense sound pressure then her husband picked her up and the crawled off.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  immense sound pressure

My best memory of that was being in front of the stage in the student union where the bass just seemed to go right through you. Never felt it so strong since, though never been at the front of any gig since, I'd be too worried of it affecting my heart rhythm and causing heart failure.

Any deaths reported at the front of any glasto audience that didn't turn out to be drug/drink related may be due to the bass.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Complete nightmare. [...]
                    As a general rule of thumb:

Something which initially seems a good plan, is not a good plan if 250,000 other people also have the same plan.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X