• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I was a Leaver, I would be hugely pissed off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was a Leaver, I would be hugely pissed off

I mean I'm pissed off that the thick cretins have ruined the country, but it would be worse if I was a Brexiter and had to swallow:

- no extra money for the NHS after all (confirmed by Farage)
    - guess what, no reduction in European immigration after all (confirmed by Hannan)
    - you're going to have a recession now (confirmed by Farage after referendum)
    - no extra quotas for fishermen after all (confirmed by Fisheries body)

These are all documented and easily googled.

I'm waiting to see what we have to pay to access the single market
    So the end result will be business as usual (after a large chunk is removed fromthe British economy due to uncertainty) , except that we won't have a say in the EUropean parliament.
    In other words a Norway/Swiss style deal.

Ha ha. You know that's not what was said.

And I'm not peed off, but thanks for your concern.

Comment

I have no regrets in voting Out and if there were to be a second referendum, would do so again, as I am focussed on the longer term picture than the short term turmoil.

Read a good article summarising the forecast dip and the recovery in the shape of the Nike swoosh...

Comment

I wish you were leaving CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
          I mean I'm pissed off that the thick cretins have ruined the country, but it would be worse if I was a Brexiter and had to swallow:

- guess what, no reduction in European immigration after all (confirmed by Hannan)

So the end result will be business as usual (after a large chunk is removed fromthe British economy due to uncertainty) , except that we won't have a say in the EUropean parliament.
          Not every Brexiter had/has the same set of priorities. For example, I was never swayed in the slightest by the trifling extra net amount we wouldn't have to hand over to the EU (although a lot of people were).

Also, a recession was on the cards anyway, and arguably we've been in one for months, if not years, already. If the Brexit win has accentuated it (debatable) then perhaps that will get it out of the way sooner, like a forest fire clearing the way for fresh growth.

(part 2 to follow, after lunch ..)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A recession caused by shrinking over exuberant businesses because they over expanded is different from businesses shrinking because part of their operation is now overseas and therefore shrinking the economy on a permanent basis.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

They're still in denial, matey. The anger comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                A recession caused by shrinking over exuberant businesses because they over expanded is different from businesses shrinking because part of their operation is now overseas and therefore shrinking the economy on a permanent basis.
                Quite. And there are two aspects to that:

1) FDI that will be diverted elsewhere that could have come here.
                2) Business moving abroad.

Comment

Quite. And there are two aspects to that:

1) FDI that will be diverted elsewhere that could have come here.
                  2) Business moving abroad.
                  And bright, ambitious high-achieving workers will decide to leave or not come. Not all of them, but enough to make a difference.

However, it does appear that East European fruit pickers will continue to ply their trade in Lincolnshire.

Comment

hope all you bremainers abroad enjoy conscription into the New EU army.

Its only fair they will need willing cannon fodder to die needlessly before Putin takes over Europe.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X