• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MiFID

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MiFID

Anyone working on MiFID? If so how long have you been engaged on it?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Looks like Euroballs Cheeky. Can't you ask him upstairs for some leads ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Anyone working on MiFID? If so how long have you been engaged on it?
      Yes, I've actually tried to spark a discussion on this a week or so ago.

It is a con trick to put UK financial services at a disadvantage to EU competitors. My calculations show that a 5 man IFA team will be better off by £200,000 a year in regulatory costs alone by being based in Denmark as compared to the UK. And the tax advantages to the IFAs themselves totally swung it.

Which is why Threaded Financial Services is moving to Scandinavia.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

HTH

You'll be competing with Romanians then?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Yes, I've actually tried to spark a discussion on this a week or so ago.

It is a con trick to put UK financial services at a disadvantage to EU competitors. My calculations show that a 5 man IFA team will be better off by £200,000 a year in regulatory costs alone by being based in Denmark as compared to the UK. And the tax advantages to the IFAs themselves totally swung it.

HTH

Not sure your 5 man IFA setup themselves would be directly impacted by MiFID. Its the Investment banks, trading houses etc who will bear the brunt of it.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Looks like someone guessed Chico's password - it must have been this: joshua

Comment

Looks like another gravy train. Toot toot!

Comment

Working...
              X