• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Economics Lesson 3 - British ingenuity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Economics Lesson 3 - British ingenuity

It's taken me a few beers to clear the fog but I reckon this is a sure fire winner.

1. We buy a load of stickers with 'Made in Scotland' surround by euro stars
    2. We buy another load of stickers with a 'Made in England or Wales' with a red/white cross or red dragon as appropriate
    3. Anything made in GB destined for EU zones gets sticker number 1 on it
    4. Anything made in GB destined for the rest of the planet gets sticker number 2 on it
    5. Best of both worlds achieved. Count the money.

Are those stickers made in China?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Are those stickers made in China?
      No, they will be made in Sunderland because work rates will become lower than slave labour in China at the same time UKIPs promise of 1000 pounds minimum hourly wage fulfilled

Comment

I see a slight problem as many of the people putting those stickers on will be low paid immigrant workers who are starting to feel unwanted in the UK, might not work. However, you could always send them home and get a lot of unemployed Brexiters to work on minimum wage or zero hours contracts to do it
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

AndyW's mum can do the sticking. She's an expert.

You're only sneering cos you've been out foxed. If Chinese and African produce can be repackaged in Europe and sold as EU produce, I hardly think this is an insurmountable problem. Especially with a little offshoot embedded inside.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            It's taken me a few beers to clear the fog but I reckon this is a sure fire winner.

1. We buy a load of stickers with 'Made in Scotland' surround by euro stars
            2. We buy another load of stickers with a 'Made in England or Wales' with a red/white cross or red dragon as appropriate
            3. Anything made in GB destined for EU zones gets sticker number 1 on it
            4. Anything made in GB destined for the rest of the planet gets sticker number 2 on it
            5. Best of both worlds achieved. Count the money.

That is so stupid it might just work. Count me in.

Comment

Working...
            X