• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to cancel my National Trust membership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to cancel my National Trust membership

Honestly the grief, I'm surprised those twits have any members!

NT: Hello, you're through to the National Trust.

Caller: Hello. Yes, I’d like to withdraw my membership please.

NT: I’m sorry to hear that, may I ask why?

Caller: We’re fed up with it. The houses are too full. There’s queues at the cafes and not enough tables. Plus we’ve noticed there are plenty of stately homes and attractions not part of the National Trust. And we have to pay a that ridiculous fee that we could use for anything we like…

NT: OK, so shall I cancel your direct debit?

Caller: Just wait a minute. I have promised my family that even if we leave, we can still have full access to all of your country houses, historic landscapes and nature reserves.

NT: Yes, you can do that. You just have to pay an entry fee each time you visit one of our attractions.

Caller: But won’t that be hugely more expensive?

NT: Yes.

Caller: And won’t that mean I’ll have to queue up with all the non-members and pay each time?

NT: Yes. And for the car parks.

Caller: So, we can’t use them any more?

NT: You can. But you’ll have to pay. Sorry.

Caller: Will you still send me the magazine?

NT: Well, no. Why would we–?

Caller: How dare you be so unhelpful. Can’t we agree on a different arrangement?

NT: Such as?

Caller: One where we still have full access to all of your attractions and car parks. And the magazine.

NT: Yes. You can do that by being a member of the National Trust.

Caller: Oh, you people. Honestly.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Caller: We’re fed up with it. The houses are too full. There’s queues at the cafes and not enough tables. Plus we’ve noticed there are plenty of stately homes and attractions not part of the National Trust. And we have to pay a that ridiculous fee that we could use for anything we like…

Caller: Just wait a minute. I have promised my family that even if we leave, we can still have full access to all of your country houses, historic landscapes and nature reserves.

NT: Yes, you can do that. You just have to pay an entry fee each time you visit one of our attractions.

Caller: And won’t that mean I’ll have to queue up with all the non-members and pay each time?

Caller: How dare you be so unhelpful. Can’t we agree on a different arrangement?

Caller: One where we still have full access to all of your attractions and car parks. And the magazine.

Yawn... Haven't you got any work to do FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Yawn... Haven't you got any work to do FFS!
      It's a tough one. Work or torment Brexitiers...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

National Trust: Hello, this is Angela from the National Trust. Would you like to sign up to our 'buy a million fluffy toys a year scheme'?

Subscriber: Sorry Angela. The RSPB offered us a better deal so we're buying an extra million of their fluffy toys instead. I'm sure your fluffy toy workers will understand.

Comment

By torment do you mean spout rhetoric and try and be funny with obscure comparisons?

cos if so then you seem to be succeeding at that

Comment

Such a pity that you're a failure at both.

Comment

You missed the bit where the National Trust come round to your house to tell you how to decorate it, why your kettle is too powerful and what you're having for tea. But other than that, good effort, keep em coming

Comment

Is that yours? Or did you copy it?

Thinking I may put it on mumsnet under the AIBU?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  By torment do you mean spout rhetoric and try and be funny with obscure comparisons?

cos if so then you seem to be succeeding at that
                  I take that as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Is that yours? Or did you copy it?

Thinking I may put it on mumsnet under the AIBU?
                    It's a copy job! I've got work to do you know!!

Comment

Working...
                    X