• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear, Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear, Wales

Hope you win the EM because it looks like that is the only bit of sunshine coming your way: David Cameron warns the UK cannot guarantee Welsh EU funding following Brexit vote | UK Politics | News | The Independent

52.5 per cent of Welsh voters backed leaving the EU during the referendum last week despite the region enjoying an annual net benefit of £245m from the UK's membership.
    But they did have sound reasons for voting out: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...eave-ebbw-vale
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

There are good news too - there will be no more EU laws preventing children from digging coal in unsafe conditions, also none of that CO2 reduction bollox - welcome to coal powered future of tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      There are good news too - there will be no more EU laws preventing children from digging coal in unsafe conditions, also none of that CO2 reduction bollox - welcome to coal powered future of tomorrow!
      There is a English and Welsh law that prevents children digging coal or was that repealed as it prevented women as well?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I like this

But it will be a matter for my successor as we leave the EU to make good on what they said at the time
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Loved that yesterday in PMQ. Sheffield MP gets up and goes on about how much Sheffield will lose and aggressively points out that they shouldn't lose a single penny they would have got from the EU, and central government should pay.

Sheffield voted out.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Having had conversations on FB with people I grew up with in the valleys who voted out I can honestly say that they had not thought this through more than hating the EU for reasons which can be disproved with less than a minute on google.

There might well be well people in Wales who really know their stuff and voted out for sound economic reasons but I am yet to talk to one of them.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The important point in all this is that the UK decides where the money goes.

And if the people of Wales, Sheffield or anywhere else don't like it, they can pitch up and vote for someone else to represent them.

Comment

and in further news Port Talbot might end up without a Steelworks.

Tata Steel fears that UK political situation may derail sale - BBC News
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  There might well be well people in Wales who really know their stuff and voted out for sound economic reasons but I am yet to talk to one of them.
                  This.

It seems to be an anti-establishment vote without any thought process. It will be interesting to see the strength of their "Out" convictions in the event of an election. Labour (in) vs Tory (out) will be interesting given that the last result was 70ish% labour 30% tory/kipper. Would they still vote out if it meant voting Tory?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    This.

It seems to be an anti-establishment vote without any thought process. It will be interesting to see the strength of their "Out" convictions in the event of an election. Labour (in) vs Tory (out) will be interesting given that the last result was 70ish% labour 30% tory/kipper. Would they still vote out if it meant voting Tory?
                    Tory and Labour votes will go to UKIP.

You remainers still haven't grasped that this was a democratic vote.

If the outcome isn't exercised they are just opening the door for the Kippers.

Comment

Working...
                    X