• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else thinking of moving abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else thinking of moving abroad?

I work from home and can't see that drying up, so could work anywhere in Europe.
    And my thinking is when the music stops, those in situ aboad will be fine, but new movement will be much harder.
    So makes sense to move now to somewhere with better weather and a better health system while you still can.
    Can always sell the UK properties and use those as collateral if minimum savings/capital requirements are imposed for older people who want to settle in Europe - meanwhile they'll provide a nice income.

Anyone else thinking of moving?

Reads like the pursuit of happiness gone wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Reads like the pursuit of happiness gone wrong.
      I dunno, a sort of semi-retirement, in Spain or Portugal with better weather and nice vino (and shorter NHS queues) is quite appealing.
      Was planning to do that anyway, may just have to bring it forward a decade or so
      So glad I can work from home though, makes it all possible.

PS Where in Surrey are you?

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        I dunno, a sort of semi-retirement, in Spain or Portugal with better weather and nice vino (and shorter NHS queues) is quite appealing.
        Was planning to do that anyway, may just have to bring it forward a decade or so
        So glad I can work from home though, makes it all possible.

PS Where in Surrey are you?
        I'd do this if I could and I'd choose Portugal over Spain if I was looking to semi-retire.

Regarding Surrey - just moved from outside Godalming to GU30 in Hampshire a month ago.

Comment

Can we block access to CUK from outside the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Shut up you pig...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Yes CUK should follow the general North Korean-stylee trend.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I'd do this if I could and I'd choose Portugal over Spain if I was looking to semi-retire.

Out of interest why do you think that? I agree BTW.

Comment

For you...

Bedwetting - NHS Choices

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    At some point, perhaps ...And maybe you too. DOn't fancy your chances on the NHS.
                    MIL had that when she devloped Alzheimers - very common apparently - not nice at all, she'd just let go while talking, eventually had to wear nappies.

Comment

Working...
                    X