• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit assistance from the middle east

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit assistance from the middle east

Tony Blair hints at role as Brexit negotiator in EU talks that will require 'serious statesmanship'

Needs no comment.

Jesus, why would anyone want the devil on their side?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Jesus, why would anyone want the devil on their side?
      I'm pretty sure nobody asked for it but even so, it's a good question.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I'm pretty sure nobody asked for it but even so, it's a good question.
        No doubt his fee will be in the millions, what an odious individual...

Comment

No we don't want a war in Europe. He can f*** off!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are you saying that all those people that voted Tony Blair in, in 1997, were wrong? Can't be so. The winning vote is always right. Yay Brexit!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Are you saying that all those people that voted Tony Blair in, in 1997, were wrong? Can't be so. The winning vote is always right. Yay Brexit!
              In 1997 there was a choice between a Tory government lead by John Major that had lots of in fighting over Europe and sex scandals that contradicted their back to basics policy, and Tony Blair leading a united Labour party.

So it's not surprising people voted for the latter.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well at least that's how the press/media reported it. Personally I thought that the Labour MP who wanted proof that his Mistress's child was his and not the Husbands via the courts in full publicity was more of a scandal then anything the Tories got up to.

And no, a slightly left of center Labour party bought with the promise of going into Gvmt sickened me to the core. I remembered the lot before them and openly predicted a horrible mess by the end of the term. I didn't foresee the US poodle act though, but I did predict that we'd throw our lot in with the yanks when it wasn't our fight.

Comment

Sweet , interesting comment below

“Britain should keep all our options open” and goes on to insist that “is not an argument for another referendum”.

He then adds: “Actually the people do have a right to change their mind, but that is not for now.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    In 1997 there was a choice between a Tory government lead by John Major that had lots of in fighting over Europe and sex scandals that contradicted their back to basics policy, and Tony Blair leading a united Labour party.

Lots of people took great delight in the fall of the Tories at the time. Remember Portillo's face?

Mostly the Tories lost because everyone was sick of them, just like everyone was sick of Labour by 2010.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X