• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should prostitution be decriminalized?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should prostitution be decriminalized?

MPs call for soliciting to be decriminalised as report reveals prostitutes earn £2,000 a week

What will FLC vote?
    Yes
    63.16%
    No
    21.05%
    Only with AndyW's mum
    15.79%

Didn't they add this and drugs and other criminal activity into GDP figures already? Makes sense to tax it if you're going to do that.

Comment

I guess bending over and lubing up when HMRC find they've been evading tax will be second nature.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

25 clients a day should make them pretty much IR35 proof.

Great new for the accountancy profession.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Didn't they add this and drugs and other criminal activity into GDP figures already? Makes sense to tax it if you're going to do that.
          It is (in theory) already taxable, as it is earned income. Whether that income is from an illegal source or not isn't relevant. Whether they file tax returns and declare it is a different question :-)

Comment

Good to see we are doing this based on fairness

“It is wrong that sex workers who are predominantly women should be criminalised and therefore stigmatised and penalised in this way.”
            Next week Vaz boy will be wanting football hooligans records expunged as they are predominately male?

Soliciting I would like to see that stay illegal there is no reason why they can't advertise their wares electronically.

I would love to see regulated Brothels with security, immigration checks, employee welfare & tax. Not sure the prostitutes will want it though as rates will fall and they will have to pay tax. Doubt the government could manage it as they can't even manage rogue landlords who have significant static assets.

£78 far too expensive for FLC.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              25 clients a day should make them pretty much IR35 proof.

Great new for the accountancy profession.
              25 a week, 25 a day would make your hole weak!

The influential Home Affairs Select Committee found that sex workers in Britain charged an average of £78 for services and had around 25 clients per week.
              You bremainers not very good with figures?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                25 a week, 25 a day would make your hole weak!

You bremainers not very good with figures?
                I believe brexiters' hole will weaken after EU finish with you.

Comment

Originally posted by kolata View Post
                  I believe brexiters' hole will weaken after EU finish with you.
                  Merkel with a strap on, I bet Keith would pay for that!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Good to see we are doing this based on fairness

Next week Vaz boy will be wanting football hooligans records expunged as they are predominately male?

Soliciting I would like to see that stay illegal there is no reason why they can't advertise their wares electronically.

I would love to see regulated Brothels with security, immigration checks, employee welfare & tax. Not sure the prostitutes will want it though as rates will fall and they will have to pay tax. Doubt the government could manage it as they can't even manage rogue landlords who have significant static assets.

£78 far too expensive for FLC.
                    Fair point. If they wanted to do away with the oldest profession, then putting government in charge of it would be a very good start.

Comment

Working...
                    X