• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Tesla Autopilot Death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Tesla Autopilot Death

Obviously Tesla, trying to say it's not their fault

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-car-elon-musk
    The Chunt of Chunts.

This was always going to happen...
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Obviously Tesla, trying to say it's not their fault

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-car-elon-musk
      Sad unnecessary death.

As I said on the other thread, I am considering shifting loyalties towards Tesla but this news doesn't fill me with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Sad unnecessary death.

As I said on the other thread, I am considering shifting loyalties towards Tesla but this news doesn't fill me with confidence.
        Autopilot is no more than posher cruise control. This is no different from falling asleep at the wheel and driving into a concrete bridge support
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Sad unnecessary death.

Yeah, don't lose your head.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Autopilot is no more than posher cruise control. This is no different from falling asleep at the wheel and driving into a concrete bridge support
            WES - the article suggests Tesla recommend remaining in control (hands on the wheel) at all times. Temptation to not do so must be great though after building confidence in the technology

Comment

One for the history books, like the first ever train fatality in 1830.

I'm surprised the Tesla didn't have some form of radar, like the speed guns on police cars, to detect objects in the car's path.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                WES - the article suggests Tesla recommend remaining in control (hands on the wheel) at all times. Temptation to not do so must be great though after building confidence in the technology
                Yes, but occasionally on someones head

Comment

I was wondering whether the guy they caught in the Beemer going down the motorway has put his name down for a Tesla
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I was wondering whether the guy they caught in the Beemer going down the motorway has put his name down for a Tesla
                    Yes, but he should get compensation from supreme court for violations of his human rights first.

Comment

Working...
                    X