• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speechless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speechless

Is this a joke???
    http://www.jobserve.com/W14524757D281DC07.job
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Originally posted by HankWangford
    Yah think hes desperate? He could import someonw from Poland in 4 weeks so I dont know what he is blabbering on about.

Comment

If he was desperate to get good guy he'd put up a high rate - looks like he is desperate to get someone while keeping his own margin high.

Comment

East Kent - Is that Phizer. Might be worth copying the advert to somebody there to show how much value this recruitment consultant is adding.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          East Kent - Is that Phizer. Might be worth copying the advert to somebody there to show how much value this recruitment consultant is adding.
          "Andy Slumbers". I'll say!

Comment

I've had that loads of times.

Agent: "do you do java?"
            Me: "not recently"
            Agent: "can you do java?"
            Me: "not very well"
            Agent: "Thats good enough - can you modify your CV!"
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Clients dont pay the money

Im afraid it is actually the clients who never want to pay for quality staff rather than agent's margins!. The problem is, especially with many parts of Kent is that clients want top quality staff for peanuts. Our margins are around 10 - 15% of the rate charged which I beleive is fare for getting you the work. If clients have a set rate they wish to pay please dont blame the agency for thier 'margin' as it is not true. Please before making assumptions call the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
                The ad's now disappeared - what was the rate on offer?

Comment

Originally posted by ajordan
                  Im afraid it is actually the clients who never want to pay for quality staff rather than agent's margins!. The problem is, especially with many parts of Kent is that clients want top quality staff for peanuts. Our margins are around 10 - 15% of the rate charged which I beleive is fare for getting you the work. If clients have a set rate they wish to pay please dont blame the agency for thier 'margin' as it is not true. Please before making assumptions call the agency.
                  Bugger me!. All these years I have been labouring under some stupid misconceptions and you come along, within one post the scales have fallen from my eyes. Bloody clients grrrrrrr. Agents are my friend.

By the way you spelled your name wrong - its hugh jardon.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X