• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The good areas of the Docklands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good areas of the Docklands

I am amazed at how prices went up in East london. Even Canada Water, where last year you could buy a 2-bed flat for 200k, you now need 300-350k. Not to mention Canary Wharf or North Greenwich which were even cheaper and they just skyrocketed in the last year. Any other consideration about the area nearby? Some people said Charlton is not so bad, or at least is up and coming. I would agree that the canary wharf district is certainly expanding as there doesn't seem any space left and that the area should become more and more valuable.

Any comment?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

The end is now definately nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      The end is now definately nigh.
      Definitely is not definately
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

SW19 not good enough for you, Franco?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          SW19 not good enough for you, Franco?
          Getting tired of 2 hours commuting everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            I am amazed at how prices went up in East london. Even Canada Water, where last year you could buy a 2-bed flat for 200k, you now need 300-350k. Not to mention Canary Wharf or North Greenwich which were even cheaper and they just skyrocketed in the last year. Any other consideration about the area nearby? Some people said Charlton is not so bad, or at least is up and coming. I would agree that the canary wharf district is certainly expanding as there doesn't seem any space left and that the area should become more and more valuable.

Any comment?
            Charlton is a dump. Avoid. Too much council property to make it a viable long term area. Why don't you look in Aldgate East and/or Bethnal Green where I had my BTLs - central, always popular with junior City workers, and new developments coming up all the time.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

Any comment?
              Repeat
              Become a rent junkie.
              Prices are bound to crash next year
              Oh dear, prices have risen by £150,000.00
              Until the penny drops

(drops line in water, sits back and waits for AtW to bite)
              Boom boom boom boom
              A-haw haw haw haw
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

I think property will crash after stock market bubble pops, it will hit everyone and especially people in IT - could be worse than 2000-02.

Remember - you heard it on here first.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  I think property will crash after stock market bubble pops, it will hit everyone and especially people in IT - could be worse than 2000-02.

Remember - you heard it on here first.
                  Stick to SKA and cracking off and don't pretend you know anythig about economics
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'd have a look at the worst places to live in the UK thread before you rush into the slums of London

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...006/worst.html
                    Last edited by Bernard Common; 31 October 2006, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X