• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd best business savings account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd best business savings account

Hello

I am looking to open another business savings account. I have already got £75k at Aldermore bank, so want to put the rest elsewhere so I am covered by the FSCS guarantee.

Can anyone recommend an account? Ideally needs the following-

Instant access
    Can set up online easily
    Covered by UK FSCS guarantee
    As high an interest rate as possible!

Thanks in advance

Business Savings

Business Savings Comparison

Comment

Best Business Savings Accounts Comparison at MoneySuperMarket

I find it odd that people with over 75k in an account can't use google.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 4 July 2016, 09:11.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I find it odd that people only have to worry spreading their money over 2 bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          I find it odd that people only have to worry spreading their money over 2 bank accounts.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I had to ask my butler what Google was. He says he's going to ask his servant when he's finished peeling the grapes.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Did you actually look at your link? It gives a grand total of two instant access savings account. One of which I already have. The other of which can only be operated by post or branch.

I find it odd that people who are skilled with Google are unable to read forum posts or web pages

Can anyone else help? I find it hard to believe that there isnt a similar account to Aldermore available, but that is what it is looking like....

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
                From that list, it looks like none of them meet the criteria either!

Nationwide, as mentioned, cant be managed online. The rest of them either have tiered interest rates, with the rates below £75k being rubbish, or they are building societies with area restrictions, or the account cannot be managed online.

I am very surprised that no such account similar to Aldermore seems to exist!

Comment

Savings Accounts

Rates on company accounts are inherently low, have you looked at the ICICI Bank? Accounts can be managed online.

Or something a bit different like Ratesetter?

Comment

ICICI requires you to have a business current account too unfortunately.

I have considered Ratesetter, indeed the rates are very good, but with no FSCS protection it is a bit of a risk. Plus I already have a small amount of personal money invested there and dont want to invest any more.

Comment

Working...
                    X