• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Younger Generation Of Today...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Younger Generation Of Today...

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/interns-g...201632030.html

rt. “Just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in. You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.”
    oh dear
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No they are f***ing stupid.

If you see someone wearing or doing something different to company policy you talk to them and find out why.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I just feel slightly sorry for the poor saps that got reeled in by one idiot thinking they are above their station. A valuable lesson for all of them though.

I bet the one that didn't sign is laughing their socks off though. As long as they put them back on before going in to work of course.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

indeed.

there is most definitely some people who when given the answer to the question feel that if they do not like the answer then there is someone they can talk to who will change the answer to what they wanted it to be.

seems to apply to something which happened recently in the Uk i think...

on the flip side dress codes are a thing of the past and if anyone seriously thinks that because you wear a bit of material round your neck or if your pants are made from a wool/lycra mix as opposed to say denim then you are somehow more valuable is absolute rot

Comment

No dailyfail article complete with glum looking interns?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No dailyfail article complete with glum looking interns?
              no some cruddy yahoo article with lots of pop ups.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Generation snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

on the flip side dress codes are a thing of the past and if anyone seriously thinks that because you wear a bit of material round your neck or if your pants are made from a wool/lycra mix as opposed to say denim then you are somehow more valuable is absolute rot
                  Oddly enough I watched the select committee debate on the high heel petition over the weekend.

Dress codes are not a thing of the past but you can take an employer to court if their dress code is sexist e.g. women must wear nail vanish, or breaches your health e.g. high heels. In this case the dress code breaches neither so their complaint is invalid.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Feckers must be made to wear a suit 5 days a week.

I wear a three piece 5 days a week when I am at a client site. They don't pay a grand a day for nowt

Comment

Working...
                    X