• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Straight to the point adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight to the point adverts

http://www.jobserve.com/WBC5C6F552A8F805A.job

I do like short and punchy ad's.

Does anyone remember that film Crazy People where Dudley Moore broke all the rules by placing truthful ad's??

Hmmm. Volvo's...They're boxy, but they're good!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099316/

Rate is not shown. How is this up to the point?

Comment

It's straight to the point in that they want a BA and that's it...I didn't suggest that there may actually be a job though!

Comment

What's good in that straight to the point-dness if the rate is £100 per day?

Price is the most critical part of the contract - if it is too low then it does not matter what the job is.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Rate is not shown. How is this up to the point?
          They don't usually pay you for the contacts they screw out of you on the premise that they need references before sending your cv
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Well, if it bothers you so much why won't you give fake leads leading to yourself and take the piss thourougly?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Well, if it bothers you so much why won't you give fake leads leading to yourself and take the piss thourougly?
              I didn't say it did bother me

Have you got the painters in?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

"Business Analyst, Eastleigh, Hampshire. Business Analyst required, retail industry experience necessary"

My Missus is a BA with plenty of retail experience. Far too much bloody retail experience if you ask me.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  "Business Analyst, Eastleigh, Hampshire. Business Analyst required, retail industry experience necessary"

My Missus is a BA with plenty of retail experience. Far too much bloody retail experience if you ask me.
                  B & Q system to integrate Polish builders into their DIY offering.

B & Q DIY remodelled as

B & Q GITAP (give it to a Pole)

anyone got any better ideas for branding?

Comment

"Price is the most critical part of the contract - if it is too low then it does not matter what the job is."

I agree - just had a pimp asking about a data analyst role in the North West paying £10-£15 per hour. Presumably this will be for some NHS trust or other. It strikes me that if they paid a reasonable rate then they may actually get reasonable people working for them and maybe some of their figures might actaully add up.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X