• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May Canes First Round of Tory Leadership Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May Canes First Round of Tory Leadership Elections

Looks like May has caned it in the first round.

Never been too keen, however, best of a poor bunch IMO.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...eadership-race
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Looks like May has caned it in the first round.

Never been too keen, however, best of a poor bunch IMO.

Theresa May wins first round of voting in Tory leadership race | Politics | The Guardian
    Anyone know what she proposes? All i know she is pro-remain eurosceptic.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      To read everyone's e-mails from what I understand, or to put it bluntly, 'Stasifying' the UK
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Various things out there in the press, including exactly the sort of things you may not like to hear.
        However, all political posturing and positioning at this stage, both at a party and European visibility level.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Crabb's dropped out too.

It's obvious what's going to happen: it's going to be like Labour; stuck with a leader the MPs don't support. I.e. Leadson.

Maybe it should be Ken Clarke:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...lines/36718454
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Crabb's dropped out too.

It's obvious what's going to happen: it's going to be like Labour; stuck with a leader the MPs don't support. I.e. Leadson.

Maybe it should be Ken Clarke:

Clarke caught discussing Tory 'fiasco' - BBC News
            Nah, Mays got it IMO.
            She is far more frightening than Leadson, we are going to need a total betch to sort some of this out
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Nah, Mays got it IMO.
              She is far more frightening than Leadson, we are going to need a total betch to sort some of this out
              The Tory members may do something stupid like the Labour membership - apparently they did that when they elected IDS to be leader.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The Tory members may do something stupid like the Labour membership - apparently they did that when they elected IDS to be leader.
                Very true
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A friend who knows her well describes her as very sensible and "steely"

We need a Thatcher now more than ever so fingers crossed!

I think she is definitely the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                    A friend who knows her well describes her as very sensible and "steely"

We need a Thatcher now more than ever so fingers crossed!

I think she is definitely the best bet.
                    Least your "friend" isn't Ken Clarke otherwise he would say she is a pain but tough like Thatcher.

Ken Clarke apparently has a habit of making friends with random people to get the "common" person's opinion on things.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X